Author
Topic: Is Canadian Tire Money dead?  (Read 3313 times)
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« on: June 18, 2020, 07:56:13 pm »

Hi,

Has Canadian Tire completely eliminated their paper bonus coupons because of COVID 19?
I was at a CT store last week and the cashier said that 'they haven't issued CTM since March and they don't know if it will return."

The only way to get CTM now is to use their card... :'(

Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 09:47:25 am »

CTM used to have its own forum, where did it go? The main page still says "Canadian Tire Money has its own forum".

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
PaperorPlastic
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 01:25:26 pm »

Hi,

Has Canadian Tire completely eliminated their paper bonus coupons because of COVID 19?
I was at a CT store last week and the cashier said that 'they haven't issued CTM since March and they don't know if it will return."

The only way to get CTM now is to use their card... :'(

I've noticed here too they've stopped giving them out, it would be unfortunate if this is how it ends.  Whether they've eliminated it permanently I'm not sure.  On one hand they've introduced the card and promoted it over the existing paper money for a few years now.  On the other hand, they came out with a commemorative 10 cent note back during Canada's 150th birthday.  So they've been promoting and dissuading its use at the same time the past few years it seems oddly enough.  :o

CTM used to have its own forum, where did it go? The main page still says "Canadian Tire Money has its own forum".

Funny enough I asked this question in the past and never got an answer to it.

https://cdnpapermoney.com/index.php?topic=14958.0

I had forgotten about it, but seeing your question today reminded me about it and I can't believe its been over 4 years and over 10000 views later and still no answer!  :D
Based on the date of the post, it was removed well before the new admin revived the site so I don't think we'll ever find out why it was removed.  My guess is the old admin removed it and would know why but as my post was never answered back then, its unlikely we'd get an answer now.  :(

admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 02:04:51 pm »

For some reason the permissions were set wrong on the Canadian Tire board.  This has now been changed so that everyone has access to it.

Login with username, password and session length