Author
Topic: 2$ large B  (Read 4868 times)
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« on: November 15, 2020, 06:40:02 pm »

Hi everyone,
I need some help coming from other collectors.I apreciate if you want to send me some information.If you have 2$ with prefix BGA to BGZ with one large B on left or right side or both side.I need prefix ,serial number and where the large B are(left,right or both side)and I'll put this information in my list and maybe found some range.I'll put my list later on this site.I have in BGJ 62 notes reported BGL one note BGP 5 notes BGR one note BGS one note I also have 10$BDD one note.In 1$ 1973 all 3 letters prefix start with BA,BC,BF have largeB both side (regular) and I found BCL prefix with two small B??Did they have a lot of those with this ''error''reported?
Of course if you have 2$ without large B in prefix BGJ,L,P,R,S I apreciate if you let me the information.
Thank you for your help.
Claude
nanou2012@hotmail.ca
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 07:56:22 pm »

Hi,
This is the picture of a regular 1$1973 with large'' B''.Many years ago I found one with two small'' B''.Is this variety was reported?The 2$1986 have this kind of variety reported.Do exist many 1$ 1973 with small'' B''?
Let me know what you think about that?
Thank you.
Claude

Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 10:20:16 pm »

Hi collectors,

I really apreciate if you have any information or discovery about variety of large B and small B in 2$1986 in prefix BG or in 1$1973.I try to found the possibility of the edge or end of the range.
Thank you.
Claude
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 09:30:23 pm »

Hi,

Here are some $2 birds notes in the BG…series that I picked up in the bank note hoard I bought.
All small “B”s.

Additionally, here are pictures of some BBA-BBZ notes from the hoard;  BBA-BBM have large “B”s, BBT-BBW have two small “B”s

None of the notes have “mixed Bs”.
Dean

Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 05:25:13 pm »

Hi Dean,
Thank you for the 2$ 1986 I'm gone a put this information in my huge list.
Thanks again Dean.

Claude
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 09:50:50 pm »

Hi collectors,
I want to show you my last discovery about the two small ''B'' in 1$1973.I found a other one.I really apreciate if you have any information on that kind of dicovery to let me know.I also do the 2$ 1986 with one or two smal ''B'' in prefix BGA to BGZ.If you have prefix BG... without large ''B'' would you like to let me know because I'll put this information in my huge list.
Thank you.
Claude

AJG
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 08:53:02 am »

BBA-BBM have large “B”s, BBT-BBW have two small “B”s
I do know BBN definitely has two large Bs.  BBN was likely the last full prefix with two large Bs.  Been following serial numbers closely since the 1980s.
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 09:58:50 am »

I do know BBN definitely has two large Bs.  BBN was likely the last full prefix with two large Bs.  Been following serial numbers closely since the 1980s.

Hi AJG,
When I said
BBA-BBM have large “B”s, BBT-BBW have two small “B”s...

I was referring to the group of notes in the picture I was describing.

Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2022, 08:07:04 pm »

Hi,
For now all 2$ with a starting prefix BBA...BBN have large B on the first B and a small B on the second,sowhere in prefix BBP we saw the transition the large B change for a small B and after BBP to BBZ it's all small B.But in prefix BGA to BGZ it supposed to be all small B but we found in some prefix it have large B on the left or on the right or on the both side.Also large B was found in 10$ 1989 in prefix BDD.Finally at my surprise I found this kind of ''error'' in 1$ 1973.All 1$ 1973 who start prefix(3letters) with letter B it all large B execpt the two I found,for now??
If you have any discovery in 2$ 1986 and 1$ 1973 please inform me.
Thank you.
Claude
AL-Bob
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 03:11:56 pm »

I have in BGJ 62 notes reported BGL one note BGP 5 notes BGR one note BGS one note I also have 10$BDD one note.

Claude, would you be able to tell what variety the above-mentioned notes are? Large/Large, Small/Large or Large/Small?

You probably have them already on your list but currently on fleabay:

BGJ 2434147 (small/large):

BGJ 1704423 (small/large):

AL-Bob(at)cdnpapermoney com
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2023, 09:04:52 pm »

Hi,
Yes you have reason those 2$ are on my list.The variety is the same of your 2$,one small ''B'' on left side and large ''B'' on the right side.The higher number in prefix BGJ with one large''B'' it's BGJ4374892 and all BGJ over this serial number have two small ''B''and it's a regular one.The things I remark it's in other prefix (BGL,BGM,BGP,BGR and BGS)with this variety when it have one small''B'' and one large ''B'' all large ''B'' is on the left side and in prefix BGJ is on the right side.And about 10$ (BDD prefix) and 100$ (BJD prefix) they are on the right side??For now for 1$ 1973 with small ''B'' I only found both small ''B'' and a friend of mine found 2x1$ 1973 and it's the same both small ''B''.
If you found something would you like to share it with me?
I hope it help you.
Claude
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2023, 09:56:59 am »

Hi,
Last two month I bought a lot of mixed prefix and unc to circlated and I do discovery.The reason why I tell you that it's if you have 2$ 1986 with one or two large''B'' or prefix who start with BG...A to Z without large ''B'' I really apreciate if you let me information.Of course if you want to sell I'll be the men.
Thank you.
P.S. I have a lot of 2$ for sale unc(many in sequence) or circulated.If you take time for me to give me information I can let you circulated notes  for 2.20$ +shipping and UNC 2.70$ +shipping.

Claude
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2023, 12:32:52 am »

Hi,
I did error on my last post.It's free shipping.
Claude
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2023, 05:57:49 pm »

Hi,
If you have 2$ who start prefix BGA to BGZ,I will apreciate if you let your infomation in this topic.
Of course if you have some with one or two large ''B'' I'll apreciate it to.
Thank you.
Claude
PS I will go at nuphilex this friday and if you have 2$ prefix BGA...to Z I will buy all what you have.
whitenite
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2023, 07:26:48 pm »

Hi Claude,

I found these Bird banknotes last week from a Royal Bank branch in the Ottawa Valley.  There is a mismatch BGJ with a fairly low serial number as well as 2 banknotes with a big B and small B prefix.  Please use this information for your research and database.

Enjoy Whitenite

Login with username, password and session length