Author
Topic: Is physical Canadian Tire Money gone for good because of COVID?  (Read 3461 times)
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« on: December 15, 2020, 01:26:24 pm »

I have asked several people in various Canadian Tire locations why Canadian tire money is no longer being given when people pay in cash.  The stock response is that "we have stopped issuing it because of COVID". 

When I ask whether they plan to resume issuing physical scrip after COVID is under control, they have no answer.  Have we seen the last of Canadian Tire money?

I have also noticed that some locations give you a 5 cent refund on your receipt instead; is his their way of compensating cash paying customers due to the lack of physical Canadian Tire scrip?  If so, why don't all locations do this?

I have received no response to my queries from anyone at Canadian Tire.  Has anyone else tried to write to them?

Dean

AJG
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 08:37:53 pm »

Personally, I think Canadian Tire Money notes may be discontinued, but they may have been considering replacing the banknotes with a card in which digital cash is added for some time before the pandemic.  If true, the pandemic likely accelerated Canadian Tire to make the change.
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 02:04:26 pm »

Hi,

I received the following email from Canadian Tire with respect to the Cash Bonus Coupons a.k.a. Canadian Tire Money.

The physical Canadian Tire scrip is no more.   :'(

I have one fewer reason to shop at Canadian Tire now.  :(

Dean

Dear Dean,

Thank you for contacting the Triangle Rewards™ Program.  Canadian Tire Rewards are strictly digital now.  Any Rewards that are awarded are all digital using the app, Triangle Rewards card and/or Triangle Mastercard. 

If you still have paper eCTm, you may have it transferred to a digital card by visiting the courtesy desk in a local store.  They will count and add it to a card for you.  Then you may continue to accumulate and redeem rewards using the card.  Please note that in order to redeem points using your card, it must be registered first.  Please don't hesitate to call us for assistance.

For questions about Triangle Rewards, please call 1-800-226-8473.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Mary Jane  |

Corporate Customer Relations

Triangle Rewards™

1-800-226-8473

Login with username, password and session length