Author
Topic: 2003 BEL vs BEP Notes and Pricing  (Read 2661 times)
Fenian
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Budding error and variety collector!
« on: September 15, 2021, 01:52:53 pm »

I was wondering why there is such a discrepancy regarding pricing between the two prefixes.

According to the database both have had notes recorded over the entire range, but BEP has 22 notes recorded and $90 for UNC vs the BEL which has 52 notes recorded and catalogues at $1100 for UNC.

Has there been more notes seen in the market that aren't in the database?

Any help would be appreciated as I am potentially looking to sell and would like a better understanding.

Thanks.

Error, Variety, and Special Serial Number collector
CPMS #1645
RCNA #22496
moneycow
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 02:37:10 pm »

I have a few BEP but do not have any BEL...so, seems about right. ;)
Im guessing people didn't bother entering the BEP notes into the database because they were more plentiful. Right from the beginning it seemed like BEL were elusive.
Archey80
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 08:38:50 pm »

I recently picked up a BEL in VF for $125 hadn’t seen one in awhile.

CPMS Member 1564
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 05:25:54 pm »

You may also see more BEL graded than BEP (just like the SNDB registry misleading data) but that doesn't mean that there were more BEL discovered.  The former prefix is tougher & more sought after than the BEP prefix & it got a lot more collector chatter.  It became the "sweetheart prefix" for collectors (of the last original Journey Tens).  However, that being said, it is doubtful that the Charlton pricing panel has truly attributed how limited the release of the BEP prefixes were. I may have found 1 or 2 after searching thousands (here in GTA).  I think the majority that ended up in collectors' hands were released out west.

Login with username, password and session length