Author
Topic: Scotiabank ATMs replacing $10 notes with US $20 notes?  (Read 3508 times)
AJG
« on: March 05, 2024, 07:33:55 pm »

I noticed today, when I went to the Scotiabank today, one of the ATMs had supposedly replaced $10 notes with US $20 notes.  If memory serves correctly, by August last year the ATMs had replaced $5 notes with $10 notes, and it makes me wonder that, with this latest development, all ATMs at Scotiabank will replace the smallest denomination with US $20 notes, and the $10s replacing the $5s was nothing more of a stopgap measure and the corporation had no intention to make the $10 notes in ATMs a permanent thing?  Could this be the beginning of a phase-in period for US $20s replacing $10s in Scotiabank ATMs?

I have a feeling that all Scotiabank ATMs will be ten-less by summer.
Breanna72
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 01:02:00 am »

I noticed at my branch today that tellers were able to obtain US currency in all denominations from the cash dispensing machines behind the counter, the same ones that dispense Canadian.  I mentioned it to the teller and she confirmed that this was a 'new feature' that saves tons of time instead of them having to retrieve US currency from a time lock safe.

As for US from an ATM, I wonder how the transaction amount is calculated? what exchange rate they use at ATMs?  I'd rather deal with a teller for US. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 01:08:11 am by Breanna72 »

Login with username, password and session length