Author
Topic: Serial Number DB questions  (Read 6788 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2021, 09:51:00 am »

I received private messages from some users who could not enter notes due to incorrect FPN/BPN combinations.  If you have encountered this problem can you please post what the FPN/BPN were?

I just got an HOD $5 (printed in 2004) & it has FPN 10 & BPN 10. Only 36 were reported on the SNDB (likely b/c the database was started after the original Journey).  The position pair table for 2006 notes is 10/14 or 14/10.  Did the original journey have a different position pair pattern?

This 2004 HOD $5 with the same Front & Back position numbers (10) seemed odd to me (didn't fit the 2006 pattern).

(I believe I encountered this years ago, when the SNDB was just a few years old, but I have forgotten what note it was).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 09:55:19 am by walktothewater »

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2021, 02:26:37 pm »

Some early, pre-security CBN $5s and $10s cannot be entered into the SNDB because it was created after most of those notes were long gone from circulation and I could never find the sheet layout for them to determine what FPN/BPN combos were valid.  I even put a note about it on a little graphic on the Add Notes page.

⬅️ See? Right there.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length