Author
Topic: 1954 $2 No Back Plate Number  (Read 2578 times)
Just Bank Notes
« on: July 12, 2021, 11:16:02 am »

Hello CPMF,

I’m new to the forum but have been a bank note collector for many years.  This forum is a great place to share some information with other collectors and put out a request.

I have a couple of 1954 Beattie Rasminsky $2 bank notes missing back plate numbers.  They both have the prefix K/R.

So far my list of all K/R notes is only 31 (29 with BPN and 2 No BPN).    I have been recording the face plate and back plate numbers with each serial number to help in defining the range.  Others may this information helpful.

The internet has been a great source for detailed images in my search for these $2 bank notes. However, this very small sample size leaves large gaps in serial numbers and makes predictions of ranges pointless. It is time to get more collectors involved. Please take a look in your collections and report back to the forum with K/R prefix serial numbers, face plate and back plate numbers.

Cheers

Just Bank Notes
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 04:51:14 pm »

Happy New Year CPMF!

My register of 1954 $2 notes with the K/R prefix is up to 42 - 40 with back plate numbers and 2 with no back plate number.

I have talked to other collectors who are looking and nobody else has found any... yet.

Cheers,
JBN
JB-2007
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 07:47:15 pm »

I dont see any number either. Very interesting find! Never heard of any 1954 $2 notes of this variety. Only in the $1 notes there are several prefix that are missing their Front Plate Number. Some of those prefixes only came to light within the last decade. Makes me wonder what else we have yet to discover in the 1954 series.
Just Bank Notes
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 01:06:32 pm »

Hello CPMF,

There may be another 1954 $2 K/R no back plate number (no BPN) to add to a short list of 2 known notes.

Take a look on e*** auction site and search for “K/R” and check “completed items”.  Take a look at the images for K/R 4660017 and share your opinion – BPN or no BPN?  My register of observed notes has 42 with BPN, 2 no BPN, plus this note.

The buyer paid a good price if this is a no BPN note – if the buyer realizes what they have!

Share your opinion here after looking at the image.

JBN
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 05:02:49 pm by Just Bank Notes »
Just Bank Notes
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 09:01:41 am »

Hello CPMF,

A fourth 1954 $2 K/R no back plate number (no BPN) has been found and has been added to my note register.

A major online auction company in Quebec City includes this note in their upcoming sale, Session 2 on April 21st.  Lot #460 offers “no BPN” K/E 1756860 graded Legacy VF 20.

These notes continue to be elusive and someone with sharp eyes another found one.  Keep looking!

JBN

Login with username, password and session length