Author
Topic: "Specific Error Types" Database for Polymer Notes?  (Read 238 times)
Canadian Bill
« on: December 20, 2021, 02:52:22 am »

Since becoming an enthusiast I have examined enough polymer notes to realize that there are many common errors and other errors that I think are less common.  Does anyone know more about types of Canadian Polymer Error Notes and why there isn't more discussion about them? Does a certain error or type make a polymer note more or less valuable? Which one's are keepers and which ones are spenders? 

I've seen notes with the following errors that I believe to be common and wonder if it is time that someone started a database of exactly how common some errors are.  The reasoning is that the rarer the error the more valuable the note, right/wrong?

Errors I've seen:
the circle inside the maple leaf security feature is off center, or clipped on the edge
braille bumps in places they shouldn't be
"bubbled" on "not continuous" silvering on security feature
strange holes
strange ripping patterns

Please add your own observations ...

Saving paper notes from the shredder ... one 'bill' at a time!! :)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 05:09:55 pm »

There is a CPMF member who goes by "Rupiah" tracked small anomalies, or minor print problems, seen in some of the 2012 $20. They were all notes with Position pairs 61 some of which had affected "Emission/Issue of 2012" where the top of the text was missing. These problems were barely visible to the eye so I'm not sure they would be classified as "errors."

I would not consider:
"bubbled" on "not continuous" silvering on security feature
strange holes
strange ripping patterns
as errors but rather post-printing artefacts or damage.

Only dramatic errors such as a serial # mismatch as discussed below:
https://cdnpapermoney.com/index.php?topic=14267.0
- would be worthy of a separate database but I'm unsure whether that will happen.

Canadian Bill
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 05:21:45 pm »

Thank you for sharing!!!

Saving paper notes from the shredder ... one 'bill' at a time!! :)

Login with username, password and session length