Author
Topic: Membership Requirement to View SNDB  (Read 59 times)
Canadian Bill
« on: December 29, 2021, 04:44:41 pm »

Hi,
I'm a bit new but have noticed there are always 30 or 40 Users on this site and only a few members at any given time.  I am assuming these users are either members that have not logged in, or people using the site that have not signed up for membership.  I have also noticed that some of the latest posts in different topics on the forum are pretty old.

If I remember correctly (it's been a bit so I may be wrong), before I signed up, I could access the both the forum and the SNDB.  The only thing I needed membership for was to post anywhere.

I'm wondering ... if the site required users of the reference material to have membership in order to see certain information it might encourage them to contribute to the forum and data on the site since they are logged in already??

It's not like there is a fee or anything.

Canadian Bill

Saving paper notes from the shredder ... one 'bill' at a time!! :)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 09:18:44 pm »

As far as I know, access to the SNDB is restricted to logged-in members.  This may have changed since I passed the site over to the new admin, but I'd be surprised if that were the case.

BWJM
Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Canadian Bill
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 08:13:30 pm »

Thanks for that.  I might check it out if I'm ever at a computer that's not mine.

Saving paper notes from the shredder ... one 'bill' at a time!! :)

Login with username, password and session length