Author
Topic: Toronto Pub Date?? CANCELLED  (Read 476 times)
Canadian Bill
« on: December 30, 2021, 10:32:18 pm »

Would any members be interested in meeting in Toronto in a private pub room for two hours or so to meet and chat "notes"?  I know a place (Christie and Bloor St. W.)  For security reasons, please do not bring your notes to this event. Double or Triple vaxed only. Wear a mask. Bring photos, and exchange numbers? Anyone game?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 09:34:15 pm by Canadian Bill »

Saving paper notes from the shredder ... one 'bill' at a time!! :)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 01:28:03 am »

Ontario indoor gathering limits are 10 people.  So there's that.

My personal opinion, not to be misconstrued as telling anyone how to conduct themselves, is that prevailing circumstances and predicted trends would suggest that gatherings like this are not the greatest idea.

I would attend, but under better circumstances than the pandemic situation that we currently find ourselves in.

BWJM
Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 09:56:05 am »

Ontario indoor gathering limits are 10 people.  So there's that.

My personal opinion, not to be misconstrued as telling anyone how to conduct themselves, is that prevailing circumstances and predicted trends would suggest that gatherings like this are not the greatest idea.

I would attend, but under better circumstances than the pandemic situation that we currently find ourselves in.

I agree with Brent on this 100%…it’s a no brainer

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 05:12:15 pm »

I agree with 'friedsquid' & 'BWJM,' & these guys really know their notes.

When was the last time we got together & chatted Brent? Has to be 15 years ago (2006 @ the RCNA CPMS dinner in Niagara Falls?) Those were the days! 

I'm sure there's a lot of folks missing the shows, bourses & good ol days but it will have to wait for a bit yet (with this Omicron surge). I just wish the ON provincial government (& those running sports events) would get it. Why 'throw the dice' & flood the already beleaguered health care system deeper into stress? Shame on them - still thinking like dinosaurs (or like the Trump era of "anti-vaxer" protestors).

AZ
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 07:38:29 pm »

I just wish the ON provincial government (& those running sports events) would get it. Why 'throw the dice' & flood the already beleaguered health care system deeper into stress? Shame on them - still thinking like dinosaurs (or like the Trump era of "anti-vaxer" protestors).
Since Covid has been inevitably brought up, here is another perspective. The government is not doing enough? Time for another lockdown, is it not? How about we lock down and mask up every year now when the flu season starts? Our healthcare, under financial strain for years, was at the limit even before Covid started. You think the ICU capacity has increased in the last two years? No, it actually went down, and in Ontario it is at the level of Mexico now. Meantime the government has been giving away hundreds of billions of dollars. Don’t think this will not come out of everyone’s pockets eventually. The useless dimwit of the prime minister spent 600 million on the election that nobody needed, just to please his own ego. Perhaps the money could have been spent on the healthcare instead?

Trump and anti-vaxxers, seriously? We do not have any other problems, do we? Happy New Year, everyone!
Canadian Bill
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 09:33:03 pm »

EVENT CANCELLED .... "my bad" ... sorry if that was insensitive to others!!!

I hope Omicrom is so mild ... and supplies a person with so many anti-bodies against Covid strains, that we will all be having parties to GET IT soon to achieve "human herd/race" immunity!!!!

Saving paper notes from the shredder ... one 'bill' at a time!! :)

Login with username, password and session length