Author
Topic: WTS: letting go some Journey & some of my private collection  (Read 4219 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« on: March 02, 2022, 03:26:38 pm »

I'm listing some extra notes on eBay right now. If I can cover my costs, I'd like to offer some more of my private collection this Sunday Mar 6th. If I can get a few bids (like reach FV + the listing fees) I would like to sell some 1937, 1954 & some tougher notes in the coming weeks. I usually don't sell for very long due to the high listing fees & other impediments.

Anyway, you might want to check it out (all $0.99 starting bid) NO BIN.

Here's one of eight items:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203846397350

Thanks for stopping by & big thanks if you decide to bid!  ;D

AlbertaGuy
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 07:09:46 pm »

I’ll take a look

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 09:58:44 am »

I’ll take a look

Thanks @AlbertaGuy & good luck!

I don't quite understand what eBay has done but many collector friends report that they cannot see my "other items" or have trouble finding each. So there are already countless complications with how (or whether) they're even being viewed. I paid a premium to bold one listing but I don't think it has happened.  ::)

Bids are rising like penny-stock so even if you bid $0.25 above their current price (many of which are at/around FV), you could win one for far less than what I paid! :'(

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 06:02:04 pm »

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 03:07:16 pm »

FYI:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203858959249
I accidentally uploaded an R/N prefix for a 1954 $1.00 (I have listed with a BABN Y/Z $1) as part of a lot. The R/Y7262127 (pictured) should be the note for sale (pictured last). I corrected the listing today but unfortunately- it is added as the 3rd set of images. For some ridiculous idiotic reason eBay won't allow me to delete the first image (1 of many reasons I need to find another platform to sell!) GRRR  :'(

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 03:47:05 pm »

Just want to warn collectors (who may be looking for some inexpensive Journey notes) that my last auction ends tomorrow afternoon. 

And some collectors have contacted me through eBay asking me if I can sell them extra replacements (& other prefixes).  As much as I would like to offer them such notes they've enquired on eBay, I won't be listing anything soon, & would be breaking eBay's policy if I made other arrangements.

If you want something you've seen (or would like to enquire about a particular banknote) please contact PM me here (through CPMF) or via email ( notaphilyc@gmail.com ) or on any of the other forums I hang out on.  I also collect World currency & may have extras.

4fatboy
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 02:24:00 am »

PM sent.

Looking for 1954 $2 changeover prefix

Archey80
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2022, 06:44:03 pm »

Thanks walktothewater received notes yesterday, as described. The perfect addition to the low # notes!

CPMS Member 1564

Login with username, password and session length