Author
Topic: 1878 $1 Dominion Notes with Interesting Sheet Numbers  (Read 1312 times)
Just Bank Notes
« on: November 13, 2022, 08:35:56 am »

Hello CPMF,

An auction on November 12 2022 from Quebec City offered some interesting 1878 Dominion of Canada lettered border $1 notes.

One lot was for a Montreal series B note with sheet number/check letter 011070/B.  This note, graded Legacy VF 35, is the lowest observed sheet number in my register of more than 100 notes for this variety.  Montreal series B sheet numbers were always six digits and used leading zeros for numbers below 100,000 as we see with this note’s low number 11,070.

The next auction lot was for a Montreal series C note, back imprint BABN Ottawa, with sheet number/check letter 711485/C.  This note, graded PMG VF 20, is the highest observed sheet number in my register of almost 150 notes for this series (including both BABN Montreal and BABN Ottawa back imprints).  Series C was a short run from sheet number 000001 to 800000.

Congratulations to both buyers!

My registers are not complete and new notes appear from time to time.  Both of these notes were on my registers long before this auction.  If you have a note with either a lower or higher sheet number; please let me know.

Cheers,
 “Just Bank Notes”

Login with username, password and session length