Author
Topic: Accuracy of "Qty. Reported" column in the SNDB  (Read 1617 times)
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« on: February 05, 2023, 09:02:03 am »

Hi,

Can the SNDB data entry form be modified somehow to accommodate consecutive runs of notes?

I know that the practice of entering consecutive runs of notes into the database is discouraged, but by only entering the first and last note of a run, only those two notes are included in the official count or "quantity reported".

Is it not desirable for collectors to know with greater accuracy the number of notes issued; especially for changeover prefixes and/or short run prefixes?  The recent $10 FFK Rogers-Macklem changeover notes come to mind.

Right now, the SNDB reports 40 Rogers-Macklem FFK $10s.  But we all know that
there are tons of them out there.  Personally, I have over 130 of these notes in my possession as I write this post.  Many of my FFKs are in sequence and therefore remain unreported in the SNDB. 

Such a change would not cause the SNDB to be cluttered with consecutive serial numbers; but why not create an option that allows a user to enter the first and last serial number in a run of notes that would automatically account for the consecutive notes between the start and end of the run entered by the user and that would only change the value for the quantity of notes reported?

Dean
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 09:08:51 am by Dean »

slackjack
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 10:19:14 am »

I Agree, nice suggestion.

Canadian Bill
  • "Forever a Newbie"
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 11:34:26 pm »

Absolutely agree!! For the record, I have 160 GEM Rogers FFKs sitting on a table beside me, as I left 100 or so that WERE NOT GEM at the bank!
Canadian Bill
  • "Forever a Newbie"
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 11:58:31 pm »

I did not know that admin did not want members to enter sequential runs of notes into the SNDB and am wondering why?  Doesn't NOT entering them effect the "population" of known reporting of notes????

Login with username, password and session length