Author
Topic: eBay's International Shipping gone wrong?  (Read 6242 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« on: April 02, 2023, 10:02:46 am »

I'm just curious if anybody has ordered something from the US through eBay's "International Shipping program" only to be sent a message later that the item cannot be shipped & will be destroyed?  The buyer will get a full refund but the item will be destoryed.

A CDN collector posted a thread re: this incident on the US based Paper Money Forum. Read his thread called "eBay Madness Has Hit a New Low:"
https://www.papermoneyforum.com/post/ebay-madness-has-hit-a-new-low-12595208

Please share if you have experienced something similar.  After I contacted the collector he claimed this has been happening a lot so I would like some verification.

AJG
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 12:37:40 pm »

I wonder if eBay Canada no longer allows items from shippers outside Canada (including our neighbors south of the border) to be sent to anyone in Canada?
AL-Bob
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 02:50:03 pm »

Wow, that's incredibly worrisome.  Never had that happen, thankfully.

I did have an issue (not for a currency item) with their "International Shipping Program" where my order was returned to the sender as "undeliverable" even though it never left the US.  I was refunded by the seller for the item but not for the shipping (which was over $300 USD).  After weeks of back-and-forth with both the seller and eBay I was told by both to pound sand.

I definitely recommend avoiding anything shipped through that service (unless it's some low-value item that you don't mind losing).

AL-Bob(at)cdnpapermoney com
AJG
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 09:09:58 am »

I think I know why some American sellers refused to ship to Canada at the time. It is likely because of a then-looming Federal public service strike, which started today, and immigration and shipments would be impacted.  The American seller probably knew about it in advance.

Login with username, password and session length