Author
Topic: 2023 June Torex  (Read 1724 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« on: June 28, 2023, 08:40:30 am »

i was sick an unable to attend the June 24/25th Torex in Toronto.

Did anyone go?

Care to share?

https://torex.net/torex_coin_show/auctions.htm

I went to the Torex site (above link) and saw the auction was cancelled: what happened there?

Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 10:47:22 am »

I went to TOREX on the Sunday. 
It was pretty lame; hardly anybody was there and there were only a few dealers.

The bourse was in the basement of the hotel and there was no signage at the main entrance; only a small sign on the fire door leading to the basement stairway.

Maybe it was busier on the Saturday?  I don't know...

I've been attending TOREX for years and it certainly has changed since the late 1990s/early 2000s...

I'm hoping that in the future, TOREX moves to a more central location; Driving to the airport is a serious inconvenience!

Dean

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 10:45:23 am »

I'm hoping that in the future, TOREX moves to a more central location; Driving to the airport is a serious inconvenience!

Me too! Sorry to hear it has fizzled out. I think the recent wave of high inflation has really hurt the hobby.

The last time I went it was down at the Harbour front hotel so I could take public transit. Ever since they moved it up to the airport hotels its been a "no-go" for me.

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 05:46:17 pm »

Me too! Sorry to hear it has fizzled out. I think the recent wave of high inflation has really hurt the hobby.

The last time I went it was down at the Harbour front hotel so I could take public transit. Ever since they moved it up to the airport hotels its been a "no-go" for me.
The Novotel on Queens Quay?  That was a while ago.  Since then it was out at the Airport Hilton for a while, then the Hyatt on King, and I understand it's back out in the airport district again.  I haven't been out to its current location yet.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length