Author
Topic: Looking for a place to buy the best quality paper money holders  (Read 2508 times)
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency

If anyone can provide references on buying the best quality paper money sleeves it would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for archival material sheets which have very little risk of degrading with time. Currently the market seems to be flooded with cheap plastic or PVC sleeves on Amazon or from China. I have tested the ones from Lighthouse numismatics but they seem to also get yellow with time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KC's Canadian Currency
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 07:48:41 pm »

I buy all of my supplies from coinstampsupplies.com

If you have a subscription to Canadian Coin News, you get a discount!

canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
  • CNA Member 21689 and CPMS Life Member 100
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 12:47:01 am »

If anyone can provide references on buying the best quality paper money sleeves it would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for archival material sheets which have very little risk of degrading with time. Currently the market seems to be flooded with cheap plastic or PVC sleeves on Amazon or from China. I have tested the ones from Lighthouse numismatics but they seem to also get yellow with time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check the following CPMF post.  I still have some available:

https://cdnpapermoney.com/index.php?topic=15202.msg66301#msg66301

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 09:31:49 am »

i get all mine at j and M. 604 876 8171 ask for Hamant.
ask him for the ones with the square corners and small lip. this important. they omes in several sizes.  be specific
.tell hamant i sent you.

cheers, al

p.s. anyone can do this.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 08:38:58 am »

My favourite place to buy currency sleeves (& supplies) is at shows. I don't attend very many any more but when I do, I really like having the opportunity to discuss the type of sleeves (different brands) the dealer uses (or may recommend), + pages, binders, etc. I like to inspect them (just like I prefer to buy a catalogue in hand vs online).  They're always priced well & it's nice to skip the added postage.   I also like to take home something & often don't find banknotes at shows.  (The same for a LCS that's nearby).

Login with username, password and session length