Author
Topic: Help finding specific type of currency sleeves  (Read 5048 times)
rxcory
« on: February 17, 2024, 02:08:26 am »

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find this exact style of currency sleeve (see photo). This style has rounded top corners, crimped side edges, and measures approx. 8 x 18 cm. Best of all, they are thin enough to be inserted into large-size sleeves for added protection. Thanks in advance.
- Cory

CPMS member 1994
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 08:31:14 am »

Hi rxcory.

These look like Lighthouse currency sleeves.  They are available at www.coinstampsupplies.com in small, medium or large sizes.

Dean
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 12:58:42 pm by Dean »

rxcory
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 11:32:49 pm »

Those are the ones. Thanks for that info Dean!

CPMS member 1994
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 09:29:37 am »

Have you tried eBay? They have a lot of good mylar (PVC free) top brand sleeves on sale.

You might also want to check out Allen's Coins of Ohio. You could call and ask to get exactly what you want. I always buy 50 - 100.

Allens:
http://store.allensinc.com/collector-supplies-c716.aspx

There have been collectors here who also sell sleeves though I'm not sure if they're the ones you are looking for.

rxcory
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 09:40:29 am »

Allen's was one of the first places I tried, but their sleeve dimensions were either larger or smaller. In fact I have a box with 3 packs of their large sleeves that they are kindly allowing me to return. Also checked with Denly's but could not find a match.

I did also try amazon (both US and Canada), but no luck. eBay is kind of a very last resort for me, been burned there before by unscrupulous sellers. And since coinstampsupplies had the exact ones I was looking for, I bought some and now I'm good. But thanks for the suggestions!

CPMS member 1994

Login with username, password and session length