Author
Topic: Missing serial number  (Read 5337 times)
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« on: April 07, 2005, 10:07:31 pm »

Went to a Caisse Populaire in Shawinigan to get a bundle of 10s.  I got 100 BET notes among them I found this error (see the scan below)  the serial number at left has the three letters and one digit (partially the second digit) missing.  The note bears the relief of the letters of the printing device, but something (probably a piece of paper) has prevented the ink to be put on the note.  It's the first time I find an error which is really valuable  :)  ;D :D

emsteph
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 12:36:57 am »

Ever neat!!

I would keep the notes before and after (bookends) to make a really neat set. I take it no other notes were like this...

Lucky find.  ::)
kobecurrency
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 04:18:08 am »

Looks like this is due to a folding error during printing of the prefix & S/N.  Check to see if there is any fold on the note.  

The missing prefix & S/N may be printed out of position, or even on the back, because of a sheet was being folded at the time.

copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 11:15:18 am »

Yes, there is a fold in the lower left of the note (as seen from back), and this fold in inward...But the edge does not reach the limit of the printed part. and there is no trace of number on the front.

But it's possible that this note was positionned on the lower left corner of the sheet (seen from back) and that part of the printed corner was trimmed out, with the color barcode and cutting marks we can see on an uncut sheet...  The FP/BP numbers are 74/56.  Can some one confirm the position of this note on a sheet?

copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 09:30:29 pm »

To add something about my preceeding post, you can see the fold on the left of the scan...

I forgot to mention that the bundle was UNC.

And as suggested, I kept both notes higher and lower than my error...it's nice... 8)

Login with username, password and session length