Author
Topic: 2024 Lucy Maude Montgomery Commemorative Loonie  (Read 1186 times)
Breanna72
« on: July 16, 2024, 07:42:26 pm »

Hey All,

My favorite teller brought to my attention a new variation of loonie has been issued commemorating the birth of Lucy Maude Montgomery (a Canadian author) and there are lots of rolls in my banks right now.  It is the first of 6 commemoratives anticipated to be issued this year according to the RCM website. It is also the first $1 commemorative to feature King Charles III.  I picked up 4 bank wrapped rolls and there are lots in my banks right now.

I see on the website for the RCM they are selling the colourized and non-colourized separately in special RCM wrapping for $59.95 each. 

Want to say for anyone that wants to get some regular bank wrap rolls of commemoratives ... my experience is that within these rolls you will find both colourized and non-colourized coins.  How many of each can vary drastically.  While I've had rolls with 12-13 of each, I have also had rolls with 22c and only 3nc.

It makes sense for the later rolls issued to have less non-colourized as only 1/3 of the mintage is non-colourized and 2/3 are colourized.  Making nc rarer.  ;D

Breanna

« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 08:16:14 pm by Breanna72 »
TN56
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 09:56:26 pm »

Hello Breanna72,

Amazing coin that you got there! I haven’t found one in my collection yet going to the bank to find it but I still couldn’t find the new 2024 Lucy Maude Montgomery loonie.

I was wondering which bank you got those rolls at? I go to TD Bank and CIBC in Toronto but still no luck

Login with username, password and session length