Author
Topic: Small B and Big B mismatches  (Read 1384 times)
whitenite
« on: September 08, 2024, 11:58:09 am »

I received a call last week from my friendly RBC branch that someone deposited 3 bundles of $1 banknotes and 2 bundles of $2 banknotes which appears to be the continuation of a collection dump.  The same depositor in November 2023 deposited 3 bundles of $1 and 2 bundles of $2 where I discovered a small B $1 with the prefix of BCP.  I posted that image then and now again for reference.  Now, out of these August 2024 bundles, I have found more mismatched B's where I found 2 BCT small B $1 banknotes in consecutive order and in EF+ condition.  It appears that there are more of these small B's $1 banknotes in existence.  No doubt, they are rare but they do exist and now we need to determine the ranges of these finds.

From the $2 bundles, I found two types of mismatched big B and small B.  The small B and big B prefix BGJ is in decent condition where I suspect it would be EF to AU.

I would ask everyone to check their collection of 1973 $1 banknotes to see if there are more small B's in existence or the possibility of a small B and big B 1973 $1 banknote as seen with the Bird $2 banknotes.

Enjoy the pictures,
Whitenite

P.S.  These recent bundles of $1 and $2 contained many other gems which will be posted in due time.  I am still shaking my head how I managed to get these bundles.

Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2024, 05:49:08 pm »

Hi,
Thanks a lot for this information you share with us.
Claude
Breanna72
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2024, 12:39:18 pm »

Hi Claude,
I got this note from the bank today. Big and little B's.
Cheers, Breanna

« Last Edit: September 09, 2024, 01:43:43 pm by Breanna72 »
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2024, 02:04:43 pm »

Hi Claude,
I got this note from the bank today. Big and little B's.
Cheers, Breanna

Hi Breanna,
The differences in the size of the letters applies to the first prefix letter only.  The "Bs" in the first position can be large or small.

The "B" in the third position is always small.

Thanks,
Dean

Breanna72
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2024, 01:49:01 am »

Thanks Dean,
This b stuff has me so confused. But I am posting all of my 1973 B notes just incase it helps Claude narrow down a range. And a pic of MY favourite BEE notes.   :D :D :D
Cheers,
Bee

« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 01:55:03 am by Breanna72 »
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2024, 07:19:42 am »

Hi Breanna72,
Thank you to show what you have but they are all regular notes because all the ''B'' on your 1$ 1973 they are all large,if you take attention on the BFB prefix it's easy to see the difference and all regular 1$ the first ''B'' it's always large''B''.About your 10$ all regular it's always small first ''B''and the same for 100$ except for 2$ because in prefix BBA to BBP all first ''B'' ti's a large(regular) and they change it for small ''B'' in prefix BBP around 3400000 not sure.
If you are not sure show me your notes and it's a pleasur to help you.
Claude

Login with username, password and session length