Author
Topic: FLZ?  (Read 1219 times)
AJG
« on: September 29, 2024, 03:02:53 pm »

I learned just now that a new prefix, FLZ, was reported to the SNDB recently.  That seems to be an unusually big jump in prefixes since FLA was the only FL* prefix reported thus far, and according to some other user he said that the initial batch of Lane-Macklem $20s only go as far as FLH.

Unless FLZ is a Rogers-Macklem $20, I am taking this FLZ find with a grain of salt.
JB-2007
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2024, 01:51:37 pm »

Most likely an error post. No notes above FLA have been reported to date and it is very unlikely that they would have released FLZ before all others. For now i would disregard this posting of FLZ.
rxcory
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2024, 03:10:05 pm »

Agreed that this is likely an error.

Anecdotally, circulating $20s in Vancouver are still almost exclusively Wilkins-Poloz or the older Macklem-Carney. So far there have only been very limited amounts of Lane-Macklem $20s released out of presumably over 60 million notes printed (FZT–FZZ and FLA).

I'd be blown away if they were already releasing Rogers-Macklem $20s with all the hordes of Lane-Macklem notes that must still be sitting in vaults. Pure speculation on my part, but at the glacial pace that Lane-Macklem $20s have been trickling out, it's possible that there wouldn't be any Rogers-Macklem $20 notes until the upcoming King Charles vertical notes expected in early 2027 (barring delays).

CPMS member 1994

Login with username, password and session length