Author
Topic: Spot a fake  (Read 1011 times)
laurie
« on: October 07, 2024, 04:00:59 pm »

Hi
 Found these in a box at home.My wife worked in a grocery store as a cashier and she was given these many years ago to help spot counterfeit bills. the attachment with colour distortion is a lenticular plastic card the size of a credit card. The face shows a frontier series 20. At the top in a bar above the picture of the note it says "Tilt"then as you tilt the card it says"Look through" tilt a bit more and it shows "Touch". All is in english and french. The picture of the note has three different views. One highlights the holographic strip to the left of the Queen. The next the Imbedded strip along with the see through window of the Queen and the partial "20" that is only complete if you hold it to the light.
The back of the card shows the back of the note.It has the same "Tilt"  and "look through" but no "touch". Instead the third tilt shows the Bank of Canada logo  with the words Bank of Canada at the top left. under that it says "Check to Protect! , Five denominations -same security features "Look at" the appearance and action of each security feature carefully. At the bottom Bank of Canada 2008. Serial #DOC 1234567 yeah DOC.
\
 Laurie

laurie
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2024, 04:24:23 pm »

Next post
 These ones are more simple. Plasticized card on a key ring with a cheap plastic magnifier. I see no year of issue, but end of birds start journey I guess.

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2024, 08:16:54 pm »

I had a whole pile of those back in the day to hand out at our coin club, etc.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length