Author
Topic: Where shall I begin?!  (Read 3756 times)
Freespirited_One
« on: April 14, 2005, 04:31:31 am »

Greetings Everyone!
I'm at a loss as to where to begin appraising the many assorted Canadian coins and notes that I have collected over the years.  I am seriously considering parting with a good portion (if not all) of my collection but I'm unsure of where to begin.  I understand this forum has a primary focus of paper currency, however, if any suggestions as to where I should begin with either coins or paper it would be greatly appreciated!  Of course I'm looking for the best price! ~smiles~
I have a variety of Canadian notes that are in good shape and are dated 1954.  Including the Devil $20.00.
I live just outside of Vancouver, BC Canada and I'll willing to visit any appraiser nearby if you could suggest one.
Thank you for your help and any suggestions you offer!

Bling! Bling!
    Smiles
      ~ Free ~
sudzee
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 11:19:27 am »

Sounds like you would benefit from having 2 of Charltons catalogues:

Canadian Government Paper Money

Canadian Coins

The cost of both books will be worthwhile if you have a larger collection. Read the grading description in the front of each book and grade your items accordingly before you check the prices.
JB-2007
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 02:08:44 pm »

Canadian Government Paper Money 17th edition 2005 $19.95

Canadian Coins 59th edition 2005 $16.95

Both books available at chapters/indigo in stores and online or at all coin/papermoney dealers.

The 18th edition 2006 (papermoney) will be available in early August 2005 while Canadian Coins 60th edition 2006 should be available by mid-july '05
Goodluck!  ;)
Freespirited_One
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 11:17:12 pm »

Thank you both so very much!
I shall be headin' to a bookstore this weekend!

Cheers!
        ~ Free ~

Login with username, password and session length