Author
Topic: Debut prefix for Journey $20's  (Read 4075 times)
jonathan
« on: February 28, 2004, 12:09:25 pm »

I am wondering what the debut prefix on the new $20 note would be...

I noticed on the K/D Birds $20 high and low list that there are no prefixes past EWP and there are blank reportings of EWR through EWW (EWR was reported earlier today and only one EWV note was found).

EWR has just recently been released, but EWS, EWT, EWU, and EWW are still vacant on the high-low lists.  However, EWV will be released very soon.

If the new Journey $20's have a BABN debut prefix, we would see AYO or AYP.  On the other hand, if they have a CBN debut prefix, we might see EWY or higher, and the denominational letter "W" would be very short-lived on our new $20's.

See what you think.

Later, Jonathan
JB-2007
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 12:25:25 am »

Perhaps, we'd see EYA-EYZ, or perhaps after AYZ maybe AZA-AZZ. BIA-BIZ, FIA-FIZ. Only time will tell.
67overagan
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 06:14:41 pm »

i hope it looks nice, i'd like one, to put in a frame, that is.
when it comes out.
prob the 50 would come out before the 20 tho. ethe whole point of the journey series is to prevent counterfeiting.
JB-2007
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 03:42:44 pm »

Here's what i expect for a debut prefix on the journey 20. BABN: BI?-BIZ  
       CBN: EY?-EYZ then FIA-FIZ
jonathan
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 05:47:31 pm »

Or maybe the debut prefix for our new $20 note may be the completion of the AY*'s or EY*'s.  After AYZ or EYZ, I strongly predict that we will see AZ*'s or EZ*'s before switching to printer letters "B" or "F".

Hey, the new $20 is only months away - I cannot wait.

Jonathan

Login with username, password and session length