Author
Topic: ANY INSERTS IN AY.... $20?  (Read 6658 times)
kobecurrency
  • Very Senior Member
« on: February 05, 2004, 06:08:07 am »

So far there has been over 100 mil of the $20 AY.... series printed & the latest known is already AYN. Yet there is no report of any INSERTs in the AY... prefix.  Are they still using AWV inserts in the AY...s, or is there really no inserts in them period?  I kind of doubt that there are no damaged notes in over 100 mil printing?     Can someone please shed some light here ???

Kelly b.
  • CPMS #1356
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 05:11:01 pm »

Sorry, but what do you mean by "they do single notes not sheets"?  

Kelly

There is a thin line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
Kelly b.
  • CPMS #1356
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 11:50:54 am »

I don't understand.

Notes are printed in sheets of 40.  They are not sequential.  The sheet is printed and stacks of 100 are sent to the cutter.  The cutter shears the sheets into 40 individual bundles.

If a printing error occurs, it stands to reason that the entire sheet of 40 is affected, so I agree with you about CBN replacing sheets.  This is further supported when you say you will find inserts in the same position (with same plate numbers) 500 notes down the line.  Stands to reason because notes on the same sheet are 500 apart.  This supports the replacement sheet theory.

When you talk about BABN, you lose me.  Why does the plate number of an insert have to match the plate number of the bundle it is being inserted into?  It makes more sense to me that they have a run of insert sheets waiting for use as opposed to going through 40 bundles and inserting 40 individual insert notes.  This is how I understand your post.  Where have I misunderstood?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 11:54:01 am by kellyb »

There is a thin line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
kobecurrency
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 07:40:09 pm »

BC collect

Thanks for your insight on the sheet/40 notes inserts & the new single note insert that this post got side tracked to.

I can appreciate that bricks of lower demoninations get looked at more often than higher demoninations.  However, while 2 prefixes in AW... inserts were known to exist in the AW..s quite early, it's very curious to see AY... inserts have so far escaped eyes of people going thru these bricks.  Up to now, we know both AW.. & AY.. (Knight/Dodge) have over 100 mil printed.  If there were inserts in the AW.. , where are the AY.. inserts?

« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 08:09:57 pm by kobecurrency »

Login with username, password and session length