Author
Topic: New U.S. Treasurer Cabral signature on notes  (Read 3622 times)
suretteda
« on: May 12, 2005, 04:32:54 pm »

Cabral signature on notes
From Numismatic News

New U.S. Treasurer Anna Escobedo Cabral signed her name to a giant Federal Reserve Note April 26, part of a ceremony in Washington, D.C., that marked the addition of her facsimile signature to U.S. paper money.

Secretary of the Treasury John W. Snow was present as well, and both toured the production area of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, a tour pointedly stopping by a press printing the first Series 2003A $1 notes bearing the pair’s signatures.

“I am grateful for the opportunity to serve as Treasurer and honored to have my name on the U.S. currency, along with that of Secretary Snow,” said Cabral.

Snow commented: “Having my signature on the U.S. currency is a tremendous honor; sharing that honor with Anna Cabral is priceless. Like the bills that her signature will grace, Anna is a representation of that which makes America great. She is an enormously accomplished woman and one of the finest leaders we have in government today. I’m thrilled to see her signature on the currency.”

The new Series 2003A $1 Snow-Cabral notes were expected to be sent to the Federal Reserve by the end of April for distribution into circulation.

No timing was announced regarding printings of Series 2004A $20s and $50s with the new signature combination.

Immediately following the unveiling of the new notes, Snow and Cabral kicked off the Treasury’s participation in Teach Children to Save Day, a nationwide effort to teach children the importance of saving.

Partnering with the American Bankers Association Education Foundation, more than 20 Treasury officials joined local bankers in classrooms across the country April 26.

At the BEP, Snow and Cabral spoke to a group of Washington, D.C., fifth graders from Seaton Elementary about the importance of financial education.

http://www.collect.com/interest/article.asp?id=14039

Login with username, password and session length