Author
Topic: Redesigned $5 Journey note???  (Read 10566 times)
Skylark
  • Money Talks... but all mine ever says is Goodbye!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 02:06:55 am »

I find it likely that the 5 will be upgraded in 07-08.
because like Jonathan said "$5's will be the only denomination left that is more prone to be bogus" and the BOC is going to be slow in getting it done.

I collect banknotes depicting Tallships. And to a lesser degree, all watercrafts.
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2005, 06:50:42 am »

I was watching the Shopping Channel, and it was the "Coin Show" episode with Steve Bromberg.  Anyhow, he was selling some 1954 notes and he happened to mention that the new $10 notes were being launched in May 2005 with newly, redesigned security features (which of course many of us know about).  However, to my surprise, he mentioned on television that a new redesigned, security feature $5 Journey Series notes were going to be released soon after.   :P   That was a surprise!  Does he know something that we don't know about?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 06:53:24 am by coinsplus »

Smile from your heart.  ;D
jonathan
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2005, 11:01:04 am »

Until we know for sure when a new upgraded $5 note is being released, it is just a rumour for now.  ::)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2005, 01:34:10 pm »

However, to my surprise, he mentioned on television that a new redesigned, security feature $5 Journey Series notes were going to be released soon after.   :P   That was a surprise!  Does he know something that we don't know about?

No.  As I said, it is all just speculation and rumour unless the Bank of Canada issues a press release about it.  There is no point spreading gossip, speculation and rumour, so let's just wait until we hear something from the BoC, shall we?

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
suretteda
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 08:11:55 pm »

I was watching the Shopping Channel, and it was the "Coin Show" episode with Steve Bromberg.  Anyhow, he was selling some 1954 notes and he happened to mention that the new $10 notes were being launched in May 2005 with newly, redesigned security features (which of course many of us know about).  However, to my surprise, he mentioned on television that a new redesigned, security feature $5 Journey Series notes were going to be released soon after.   :P   That was a surprise!  Does he know something that we don't know about?

About Our Coin Expert

Steven Bromberg has actively collected coins for more than 25 years and enjoys researching the history of Canadian coins and bank notes. A lawyer by trade, Bromberg practiced law for two years before deciding to devote his full attention to the hobby in 1992. Steven is currently president of Canadian Coin Auctions & Sales (a post he has held since 1989) and is now a full-time professional numismatist. He loves visiting The Shopping Channel and always brings a collection of highly sought-after coins. Steven's other professional memberships and affiliations include the Canadian Numismatic Association, the Canadian Association of Numismatic Dealers, the Ontario Numismatic Association, the Canadian Paper Money Society, the American Numismatic Association and the Society of Paper Money Collectors.

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/celebrity_detail.asp?@where.userId@op.eq=242

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/product_results.asp?N=103214&Ne=500000&templateCode=ES&departmentId=3214

Login with username, password and session length