Author
Topic: STOLEN GOODS  (Read 11497 times)
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2005, 06:15:49 pm »

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN (Mostly Gentlemen I am sure ;) ) , I have an update that is very good.  Still keeping my fingers crossed.

After pleading guilty without even consulting with a lawyer, and having court dates being pushed later and later, things are finally taking shape.
Please read this letter I recieved from Sask Justice:
http://www.ualberta.ca/~hbyblow/TheJudgementWOOHOOedited1.JPG

http://www.ualberta.ca/~hbyblow/TheJudgementWOOHOOedited2.JPG

(I would suggest "Saving the image" so you can increase the size enough to read)

There are many factors that were a part of the outsome so far, and I know a BIG one right off the start is how I was able to explain the tracing of serial numbers of notes through the Front and Back postion numbers of insert notes, and the notes above and below them in the brick stack.  Even expanding into other bricks of a related sheet - this is all information I learned from all you great people out here.  I had this fully explained to the police in the initial police report which really demonstrated that the notes could be identified.

Yvan Therien from the BOC was in email correspondence with me and was unable to release any information to me in regards to sheet position numbers, but it turns out I had enough recorded information (4 sections of inserts) to identify the ranges of some of the stolen notes.  This was great because when some ($260) were recovered initially, a few of the notes fell exactly into the brick sections of the insert notes.  Despite this being a police case, Yvan was unable to give the police force this information even, so here is the part where I really thank again all who have given the time to this forum and to me to explain how insert notes work.  They were the glue to the case.

Anyway, I had a couple of things on my side in this case:
1. I had brick information recorded
2. I had the knowledge of hundreds of collectors with me
3. These guys might as well have been spending $4 dollar bills - these were the new style Journey $10s, and it was May 25th - NO ONE in town had these yet.  Recall the release date for the new $10s was on May 19th - and they were SCARCE in the city at the time.
4. No one uses $10s typically.  If an amount is more than two tens, you can count on someone using a $20 in most cases.  This is the reason why I focussed on $10s to begin with.

So, all these factors, plus the fact that these guys were not impressing the judge at all helped bring some justice to town here for me.  From what I gather, this result so far is basically unheard of- a repayment of cash theft- so I know that I am the luckiest guy around.

I kept thinking to myself in the days after the robbery if it was worth it to travel throughout the city and allert places- was there any hope - was there any chance - but the thought that resonated through my mind was this: "If we catch these guys and I get my money back, it will be like geting paid $10K for my efforts."  Let me tell you, THAT is a big driver.

There were times that I was losing hope, and in those times I needed your prayers the most, so thank you all.  You have seen me through the most tramautic event of my life to date.  I do know however now more than ever how important the non money things are- i.e: my family.  The money was gone.... but they were still there for me - and so were you guys.

Thank you.
Hudson

PS: I know this is not over yet until the money is in the bank, so please let us keep our fingers crossed!

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.

Login with username, password and session length