Author
Topic: No Inserts in a Brick?  (Read 9327 times)
CA_Banknotes
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 01:56:09 am »

By the time you do, I'm sure the RCMP will be doing some sort of an audit on you. :D Specifically ordering $150,000 in brand new money with no previous history of doing so, and making large cash withdrawals... raises red flags with the financial watchdogs.

I have ordered numerous $10 and $5 bricks. These weren't that hard to get rid of, since I take 100 notes to different banks, and tell them to give me large notes for them, and it works.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2005, 02:13:33 am »

I merely made an assumption, since I had not taken notice of any reports from you here on the forums. No big deal anyway. My whole point was that people can be watching. That's it really.

Good luck with your future bricks, and don't let me dissuade you from that $100 brick. It was not my intention to scare you off.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2005, 04:30:20 am »

I wasn't trying to scare anyone either.
Money Laundering is the washing of "Illegally obtained funds" or "dirty money".

Brick ordering and re-depositing is NOT money laundering if you are doing it with your legitimately earned money/credit.

The stuffing of ATM envelopes: Someone has to open and verify these, and often they are not the same people that are in the front lines who know what the heck us crazy collectors are doing.  It is about knowing the client, so as much as possible, deal directly with people who know exactly what the heck it is we do.  The people opening the ATM envelopes will probably have flags and notes all around the account.  The number one question I get is: "Why didn't you bring these back to where you got them from?"  but part of my deal is that I had to take them out of the branch and not redeposit them there.  The time it takes for the people to open the envelopes from the ATM deposits, and verify amounts and circumstances of the envelope is time consuming as well. BUt on the flip side, I guess the money is already in the Vault area and needs no transport.

I cannot even imagine what a $100 BRICK even looks like.  Good luck getting it, but God do I pray for your safety if you do. (I mean from people casing you out).

Well anyway, all from me.  God luck with all future brick orders, I will be back doing the same in time I hope.
Hudson
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 07:27:34 pm by hudsonab »

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.

Login with username, password and session length