Author
Topic: A double denomination note!!!!!  (Read 15039 times)
Skylark
  • Money Talks... but all mine ever says is Goodbye!
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2005, 06:45:57 pm »

I recall its because to person that copyed it didnt have a colour copyer.

I collect banknotes depicting Tallships. And to a lesser degree, all watercrafts.
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2005, 02:58:32 am »

About the 5$/20$ error, I don't believe that is an authentic one.  The reason?  This note was supposedly found in an ATM, with others 20$ notes.  To have this note overprinted with a 5$ design (with both litho and engraved ones), you MUST have a complete sheet of printed 20$ notes slipped through the printing stages of 5$ notes, without any notice?? ???
AND this overprinted sheet came back in the stack of sheets of 20$ and put on numbering printer, cutting and wrapping, to finally fall in an ATM, still with nobody have noted absolutely nothing???  The only possibility is a "back door job".  And the employee risked (or lost) his/her job...

What about the reverse?  to begin with the printing of 5$ notes?  Very improbable too:  you must have fed the printing machine set for 5$ with a sheet of paper (with the holographic stip, the water mark and the security tread on it) very characteristics of the 20$ notes, still without any notice?  the litho and the engraved plates prints put on it (on only one side) the design of a 5$ note, and this sheet came back in the normal printing run of 20$...still with anybody finding anything wrong???

You must have very good arguments to convince me that it's NOT a forgery...:-/

Login with username, password and session length