Author
Topic: Insert/Replacement Notes  (Read 12169 times)
CA_Banknotes
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2005, 11:42:20 am »

Well, Hudson, at least you get a guaranteed radar in a brick.

But then again, you're still at a loss if you find only a 4-digit radar.

The $50 and $100 bricks I went through had nothing at all in them. The $100 brick contained a crappy 4-digit radar only. I was very pleased that the $50 brick had a 2 digit radar and a near-solid.

And btw, have there been any reports of BABN $50 inserts?
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2005, 03:34:45 pm »

BABN Insert $50's? Not that I am aware of.  And, one time, one of the missing bills from a CBN Brick WAS the Radar! :P

But yes, at least you get the radar most of the time.  It makes brick ordering the ultimate investment. Inserts are all just "gravy", plus the information is valuable in establishing ranges.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2005, 09:36:48 pm »

With the apparently new method of assembling the bricks by the CBN, with notes taken from different ranges, you're even not sure to get a radar in every brick!!! >:( :(,  But you can also get more than one radar in another one...On long-term average, you'll still get one radar per 1000 notes.  And about the inserts, with scrambled-up bricks, I don't see any need for inserts...

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2005, 05:38:49 am »

That is what I am afraid of.  Two sides I guess. On one hand, the phase out of inserts all together would put an ending point to the avaliablitiy of inserts, which could be good for increasing their value, but then bad because then the supply will be static at that point.  

I would ask that anyone who orders bricks or gets to look through them to please detail them for us on the forum so we can get a handle on this recent development.

Hudson

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
Bitburger
  • Nach deutschem Reinheitsgebot!
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2005, 04:06:22 pm »

Monday, I am going to look among some bricks, 5, 10 and perhabs 50$. I will check if it is mixed up, but from the HOK I saw too, It was mixed up even the HOG I saw two weeks ago...

Login with username, password and session length