Author
Topic: How to add pictures to a post?  (Read 8505 times)
nova7415
  • Errors are the best as there are only 1 of a kind
« on: September 11, 2005, 04:53:54 am »

I would like to post a couple of my Error notes on the Forum, for some feedback, but all of my pictures are around 850Kb and I keep getting a message stating that they are too large:'(. I noticed that the maximum size is 75Kb. I saw somewhere that you can use "photobucket's" site to resize your pictures but it really doesn't explain how ???. Can anyone help me with this problem without getting too technical :-[? Any help would be greatly appreciated :). Thank you, Rob Charland.
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 11:43:02 am »

Hi,

If you have a image-processing software (as Photoshop or something alike), you can resize the image to 2 or 3 inches (it lowers the total size of the image) and convert to jpeg format (you can choose the quality of the compression).  A medium compression downsize the original image by a factor around 7 to 10 .  For example, a 300 Ko image can be compressed to about 30-40 Ko image so it can be posted easily.  You'll learn by yourself what is the best size and compression for the type of picture you post (scan or numeric photo).

Good luck! :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 11:52:59 am by copperpete »

sudzee
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 11:51:11 am »

nova7415
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 08:56:24 pm »

I think I finally figured out how to use photobucket to resize my pictures. Just wanted to thank you all for your suggestions :). I am now going to try and post my question, hopefuly with a picture ;), on the Forum now ;D.
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 12:05:01 am »

Looks like the image didn't come across as intended.
I use two different scanners, both are HP, and use the micro-soft phote and the HP photo on one, and Corel Photo on the other. It seems the Corel works better, but is more complex. The HP seems the easiest to use, but has limitations for very poor computer users like me.

Rick
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 12:10:57 am »

Here is a note done on the HP scanner.

Rick
nova7415
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 02:05:26 am »

Hi Rick: Unfortunately I don't have a scanner but use a digital camera for my bank notes. Thanks for your information though.  Rob
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 11:54:21 pm »

Rob, the digital camera works well on certain items, things in a package, jewellery, notes in a Bank of Canada holder. Scanners work great on single notes, silver coins and documents.

I have been meaning to get a digital camera, but somehow just couldn't get interested enough to research them.

Any suggestions.

Rick
nova7415
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 04:14:16 am »

Rick, I'm sorry I can't help you with any info about digital cameras. A friend of mine won a 3 migapixal Fuji camera and gave it to me :). I have only used it to catalogue my collection in my computer. Under normal circumstances I would never buy one for myself. The only drawback with storing the pictures on my hard drive is when it burns out you loose your pictures :'(.Maybe another member can give you some advice.
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 10:17:07 pm »

Rick, hard to keep up to date on this stuff as model change every 3-4 months. I use http://www.dpreview.com/
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 03:12:33 pm »

My computer is new (within a year). Has more than enough power for what I do.

Digital camera still in the back of my mind, not really sure I want one.

Rick
Skylark
  • Money Talks... but all mine ever says is Goodbye!
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 05:48:49 pm »

Testing

does it show up....

Edit: YAY it does  :D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 05:49:31 pm by Skylark »

I collect banknotes depicting Tallships. And to a lesser degree, all watercrafts.

Login with username, password and session length