Author
Topic: What ever became of the ebay forum board?  (Read 7595 times)
nova7415
  • Errors are the best as there are only 1 of a kind
« on: September 12, 2005, 05:25:25 am »

Hi everyone :): I used to really enjoy reading the posts on the ebay board. I found most of the posts quite funny and also some were very informative :D. I still found the thread leading to the ebay forum but when I clicked onto it I received the message: "not authorized to access" :'(. Was it eliminated all together and if so when? If so, are there any plans to return it in the future ???.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 05:26:15 am by nova7415 »
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 11:57:47 pm »

The ebay section was dropped (possibly permanently) a few months ago. Problems arose, with no easy solutions. The information was, at times, pretty nasty and slanderous. An attempt to keep it on a higher level failed.

The section just slammed too many people too often.

Rick

nova7415
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 04:20:45 am »

Thanks for answering my query about the ebay forum Rick. Now that I recall I can remember certain individual's who were saying some pretty nasty things about some of the sellers. Maybe when one of the administrators has some time they can delete the ebay forum thread.
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 03:34:37 pm »

Interesting, in theory, you should not be able to see the eBay section nor read any of the threads.

I have not deleted them in the event something came up that we needed access to them, but they should be hidden to everyone but me.

BTW: in theory, shouldn't error notes be one of 36 or 40?
nova7415
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 08:35:22 pm »

Hi Paul: I don't know about finding an Error note in 1 of 36 to 40 ???. In all my years of collecting bank notes I have never come across 2 identical error notes 8). I have some similar folding Errors on 2 1954 5.00's with the same signatures & prefix's amd also 2 1986 5.00's with similar offsets...but different signatures. If anyone has or knows of 2 identical errors please let me know. Also Paul when you are on the forum page, at the bottom right you will see a window leading to the other topics and that is where the ebay thread is.
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 10:12:22 pm »

Just teasing about the error notes. If the note error occurs on the press sheet (missing a colour layer for example), then all notes on the sheet would be affected in the same way (see Tom's "Ghost" notes). Cutting errors will obviously also affect the whole sheet. We may not necessarily "find" them, but they would exist. It's a minor point and I was just being funny (or so I thought, guess I wasn't).  :(

Good catch on the "jump" list. I hadn't thought of that, the software doesn't "cleanse" it.

Paul

Login with username, password and session length