Author
Topic: Ebay description of the Week  (Read 13415 times)
venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 09:28:46 am »

My turn to whine ;) What a ridiculous idea,that because of one ebay description,sellers should be discounted from the Pricing Panel.

Ole Don has become the second individual to suggest a positive move towards solutions.Troy being the first.

With that said,PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.
Reason-I find this forum totally redundant....

LOL, you ARE kidding, aren't you, since you are the one who said that a decision to close the thread about the pricing panel should not be made based on the opinions of only a few people?

That's why your plea to "PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.  Reason-I find this forum totally redundant" must have been made tongue-in-cheek, right?  I suspect so, but it can be hard to tell at times whether posts are meant to be humourous or serious ;D.

Actually, the subject of this thread is worded broadly enough so that it can continue to be of interest: "Ebay description of the week".  This should allow for us to see a new eBay description each week that has tickled someone's fancy somehow.

Both ends of the spectrum could (and should) be covered - the exceptionally good eBay descriptions that other sellers should follow, and the exceptionally bad descriptions that double us up with laughter.

There ARE eBay sellers who do really good, honest jobs with the descriptions and scans of their items, so these should be mentioned too.  But I fear that since the bad descriptions are more plentiful, and are more fun to read and laugh at, the "bad" descriptions will far outnumber any "good" ones posted here...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 09:36:04 am by venga50 »

TheMonetaryMan
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 10:38:50 am »

Sure whynot,

To augment it I will also start a thread about the best B&M pitch or show pitch of the week and we can all laugh at that too. I could even upload sound files to a site for you to hear how they sell, sell, sell. I can also present the most overgraded B&M note of the week or month.

I am afraid though some of you may be crying, not from laughter though, whiich would not be the intended outcome.

Whoever said the online market doesn't need a champion I believe is wrong. This thread was evidence in itself of that.  It is worthwhile and important to have someone step up and 1) remind the B&M world they have a tons of issues of their own (and to beat respect out of them if necessary ;D) 2) play a role in setting higher standards for online sellers  3) explain and educate others on the nature of the online market (some of which either don't have a PC or can't find the power button).

I hope the point has been taken by participating dealers and moderators(?) and we can work the other thread to a successful conclusion.

Troy.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 01:47:17 pm by TheMonetaryMan »
runningonempty
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 05:24:37 pm »

LOL, you ARE kidding, aren't you, since you are the one who said that a decision to close the thread about the pricing panel should not be made based on the opinions of only a few people?

I thought it rather obvious,what with the "wink" and all.
But you're right,it is difficult to decipher humour from sarcasam,or serious tones.

Related to the idea of posting good/bad descriptions,I think that may morph into "slam fests".

I would like to stick to my original idea,praise for exeptional experiences with dealers/sellers,as a service to the community.
Whether ebay sellers would be acceptable is still in doubt.

I await the decision of the moderators.
Certainly wouldn't want  the community to have a HISSY fit :) ;D
TheMonetaryMan
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 05:27:09 pm »

Sounds interesting however how is this different from the eBay feedback system?

Troy.
runningonempty
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2005, 05:48:28 pm »

Troy,

Hello,and thanks for all your thoughtful posts,here,and on the "OTHER" thread :)

I suppose it is no different from the ebay feedback system.
Just more convienant,a one stop shopping center if you will.
I realize many dealers,sellers,may not be included in this,but what the h ;Dll as they say,can't hurt.
Or can it?

More importantly,it creates a positive atmosphere,a place to look up a seller you may be thinking of dealing with,or just a place to give praise to whom it is due.

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2005, 10:19:32 pm »

Four horribly off-topic posts were just removed from this thread. Kindly stay at least somewhat close to the topic of this thread please. If one guy decides to jump off the cliff, don't all be lemmings and herd yourselves off the cliff after him.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 10:21:23 pm by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Travsy
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2005, 01:39:29 pm »

Four horribly off-topic posts were just removed from this thread. Kindly stay at least somewhat close to the topic of this thread please. If one guy decides to jump off the cliff, don't all be lemmings and herd yourselves off the cliff after him.

Thanks!

Yeah there is so much activity on this board I'm surprised the you guys can handle the bandwidth useage. So many users and so many posts about very important issues. Have to toe the line and God forbid one should stay off topic. Oh the confusion it would cause!

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2005, 02:24:39 pm »

Your generous dose of sarcasm is thoroughly appreciated. >:(

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Travsy
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005, 09:45:02 pm »

Your generous dose of sarcasm is thoroughly appreciated. >:(

I would say your post is quite off topic Sir!  ;D
runningonempty
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2005, 10:07:13 pm »

Your generous dose of sarcasm is thoroughly appreciated.  
I would say your post is quite off topic Sir!  

Looks like you've become a victim of your own doing Brent.Ignorance is NO excuse,or so I've heard.YOU MUST READ THE RULES. ;) :)

Please remove the post,or you know what happens! :)

Just having fun at your expense Brent ;)

Login with username, password and session length