Author
Topic: $100 K/T Missing Serial Numbers  (Read 4165 times)
funky_phantom
  • bill collector & more
« on: October 09, 2005, 10:29:45 pm »

A short while ago, I purchased through another member this note with the serial numbers missing. I bought the piece sight unseen with only verbal descriptions. I have no issue with what I paid because I really wanted this piece like no other. ;D It proved to be a piece I am proud to show off now that I finally have time to get a few things done. So I have created the scans of the front and back of this note for all to see.
The one question I would like to ask Tom: regardless of what I paid for this note, what do you think a note like this would bring on the open market?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 10:30:07 pm by funky_phantom »

funky_phantom
  • bill collector & more
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 10:30:36 pm »

The back of the note ::)

Tom
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS Life Member #96
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 11:44:01 pm »

I just bought a week or so in UNC.  Yours is still a nice one but  the writting will reduce the value slightly.  Still I would imagine at least $300.

Tom
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 02:03:47 am »

The grade on that note certainly would decrease it's value.... Even without the writing, it looks to be perhaps EF at best, likely VF. But then, scans can be deceiving as we all should know.

All that said however, I certainly wouldn't mind adding it to my collection.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
funky_phantom
  • bill collector & more
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 07:35:34 pm »

Thank you for the reply Tom, but where on earth did you find one of these in UNC? As for the grade Brent, yes I too would like to call it an EF but I know better. The scans are acurate those lines do represent wrinkles in the note making a very nice VF+. As I said earlier though I am just very happy to have it in my collection, the best error I have to date and I would buy it on the spot all over again.
If anyone has any "ghosted" images errors at a good price I would like to add one of those into my collectionas well. They are just the absolute best types of errors. ;)

Login with username, password and session length