Author
Topic: The status of $10 Journey 2004 BEY  (Read 5303 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« on: January 05, 2006, 09:06:04 pm »

I am curious if anyone has found BEY notes inserted in bricks of $10.00?  They seem to be very hard to find.

I have searched several hundred bundles of circulated $10.00 bills and have only found 1 or 2 BEY prefixed notes for every 100 or more searched.  

In the "Highs and Lows" posts only BEY below 1.7 were found until recently (now above 2 million in Vancouver).  The few notes I have found ranged from 0.7 to 1.8.  I have not found any printed in 2005.

If anyone has info on the BEY prefix (besides the highs and lows posted here) I would appreciate it.

James

Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 04:19:32 pm »

Hi collectors,
                 I think the change over printing year it will be in this prefix??It's the same things like the FEV prefix but all FEV 2004 found they are replacements!!But no one foud a regular notes??And nothings below 0,360m and nothings above 1,102m???Did someone found FEV prefix under 0,360m or someone found FEV or BEY 2005????Let us know!!It will be apreciate.
                                Thanks
                             Claude
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 04:23:45 pm »

I'm already working on obtaining a definitive answer to these changeovers. I will post the results as soon as I receive them.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 04:23:59 pm by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
kobecurrency
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 08:37:49 pm »

Hi Claude & everyone,

Just to confirm that BEZ 2005 has been found.  Please refer to my post under the BEZ thread.

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 02:08:00 pm »

IT'S OFFICIAL the BEY is indeed a change-over year note:

From the BEY highs and lows thread:
BEY 2005 spotted on e-bay  BEY 9263699 & 9263700  Can't see the date on the scan but this is a reputable dealer.

Note these are 9 million numbered notes printed in 2005.  You may also note that large chunks of notes of 2004 BEY's are missing in inspected bricks (see BEY thread).  We all know they're a scarce note to come across either in circulation or when inspecting bundles.

:-/   So it is a change over...is it anything else? I expect much speculation to continue over this particular prefix...

James

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 02:25:09 pm »

I am still working on getting a response from the Bank of Canada regarding this changeover. I think they forgot about my original email. I have sent a reminder request.

I have not asked the Bank about if there are any gaps in this prefix because in due course that should become obvious. The prefix is still brand new and much of it is likely sitting in vaults nationwide waiting to be put into circulation as demand requires. I have in the past inquired about other, older prefixes where it appears there may be gaps between ranges of issued notes and I have had limited success in my findings.

I again promise to post the information about this changeover once I receive it.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
JB-2007
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 07:03:59 pm »

I believe the highest BEY 2004 reported to-date is in the 2.5m range while some BEY 2005's in the 9m range have been spotted, perhaps another case of a large chunk of 2004 notes say above 3 million not issued. Time will tell  ;)
kobecurrency
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 03:36:41 pm »

The BEY 2004 high is up to 2.53m now.  Hopefully a response from BOC will end this gussing game soon. :-?

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 05:03:12 pm »

Still working on it, kobe. There seems to be a bad case of misinformation or maybe just confusion though which is preventing us from getting the desired details.

The Bank is trying, but somehow the information coming back is either irrelevant or just wrong.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.

Login with username, password and session length