Author
Topic: Offset codebar  (Read 3642 times)
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« on: April 08, 2006, 04:11:00 pm »

Here the scan of a note (with the two shoulder notes as comparison) showing a slight offset codebar on the back.  Not stricking but interesting.  It was found in a brick of BEZ 10$ (printed in 2005).  But I thought that the BABN were printing their notes with a 500-notes skip, but this note was alone in the brick (1000 consecutive notes).  Is possible that their skip numbering is now 1000 or more?

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 04:23:27 pm »

But I thought that the BABN were printing their notes with a 500-notes skip, but this note was alone in the brick (1000 consecutive notes).  Is possible that their skip numbering is now 1000 or more?
It certainly is possible. I'm not sure I follow the logic that brought you to that conclusion though. :-?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 04:23:56 pm by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 04:50:18 pm »

With the CBN, when you find something which can  be present on an entire sheet, if you find an offset error on the first on-say note number 121 for example- the same error should repeat 500 notes away, hence, the note #621 should have the same offset error.  Just think at the insert notes by the CBN...

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 06:12:49 pm »

Hi, The offset would have occurred on every number on the sheet would it not?  Like as if when they put the bar codes on, the entire sheet was slipped to the side.  In that case, the bar codes would be going on before or after the numbers.  And not at the same time, because there are  some examples of the serial number being shifted, but the bar code in the proper place (I think) ;) .

By this logic, if the bar code is out on one, then it is offset on all of that sheet.  Ant the possibility of the sheet 500 up from the error has just as much chance of being as error as any other sheet.

And BABN cut even further than groups of 1000 evenly.  Through several groupings, one may be a run of 1000 (and not starting at the 000 note).  Then next brick may pick up where the old one left off and so forth.  I have found many brick typical crossover points right in the middle of a bundle.  They are kind of strange like that I find.

I am not sure on 100% of this of course  :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 06:19:26 pm by hudsonab »

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 06:21:17 pm »

I checked the FP/BP numbers and it was 90/85 over the entire stack, so I don't have two notes from the same sheet.  

Login with username, password and session length