Author
Topic: Journey $5 Paper Fold  (Read 4216 times)
Oli1001
  • Very Senior Member
  • www.CanadianCurrency.ca
    • Canadian Currency
« on: May 28, 2006, 01:43:34 pm »

Here is the scan of Polarbear's $5 paperfold - I know it is not a clear picture but I recieved the file in a word document so I had to 'print screen' and save it under an image format.

The fold is on the bottom right serial number. I will try to re post a better scan if I'm able.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 01:54:51 am by BWJM »
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 06:37:02 pm »

This note was found in a new brick of HOC.  Where the  O and C are you can see right through the letters.  Top part of the C and top right part of the O.  No others were like that.  shucks!!!.  Well here I thought the I would never see another modern day single fold in journey series.   That is what we would call it .  Am I correct in calling it a single fold?

Polarbear ;D ;D
Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 07:04:52 pm »

Well here I thought the I would never see another modern day single fold in journey series.   That is what we would call it .  Am I correct in calling it a single fold?

You could call it a single fold error but I have always seen it called a gutter fold error.

This is caused by the paper having a fold or wrinkle in it before printing and then when pulled apart after to show an area not printed, sometimes it would have an uneven edge where it was pulled apart.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 07:06:54 pm by Gary_T »

Gary_T
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 07:11:53 pm »

thanks for the clarification Gary.  I never knew what it was called because I was looking in the Charlton book.  Is Gutter notes going to be in the new charlton book mabey?    

Polarbear
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 07:13:22 pm by polarbear »
Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 07:41:33 pm »

I guess gutter fold error is more of an American term but there are so many ways to have a fold error that gutter fold makes the type of error discribed very clear. I'm not sure if it will be included in the next Charlton but I think it should be.

Gary_T
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 07:49:12 pm »

Thanks Gary for the clarification.  Nice to learn new terminology.

Polarbear

Login with username, password and session length