Author
Topic: Chartered Bank Office Photos  (Read 24571 times)
buxvet
  • Is there anybody in the ceremony is about to begin
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2006, 12:16:21 pm »

Here is one of The City Bank Of Montreal at Bay + Wellington. It's the larger part of the building on the right hand side. To the left are the offices of the Grand Trunk Railroad
buxvet
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2006, 07:45:02 pm »

Bank Of Commerce - Cobalt, Ont - 1905
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2006, 09:50:30 pm »

The Aylmer (Quebec) Branch of THE CROWN BANK OF CANADA, probably circa 1910. Aylmer is about 5 miles west of Ottawa. Source of picture: "Aylmer Québec, Its Heritage", by Diane Aldred, 3rd Edition, Love Printing Service Ltd., Ottawa, 1989.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 09:56:01 pm by Ottawa »

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2006, 09:25:26 am »

The Charlton Standard Catalogue of Canadian Bank Notes (5th Edition, 2006) provides some basic information about The Crown Bank of Canada (see below). The notes of this bank are excessively rare and very few collectors will ever own one (only $3325 in notes remain unredeemed). At the present time only the $5 denomination dated 1904 is known to exist. The finest known example is Serial #40678 in VF+ condition which has appeared at several public auctions in the last 50 years. It most recently sold for $7500 + 15% commission at the Charles Moore auction sale in June 2004. It would be worth a lot more today.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 09:28:59 am by Ottawa »

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2007, 09:44:25 pm »

I was just looking back at some old posts... really old posts and was wondering if any of the pics of the old chartered bank offices where still available somewhere?
Thanks
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2007, 10:13:47 pm »

Buxvet: It appears that in the transition, these old attachments were deleted. Perhaps you could re-upload them?

It might be best if you upload them to http://www.imageshack.us, that way they won't get deleted.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
buxvet
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2007, 12:05:14 am »

Buxvet: It appears that in the transition, these old attachments were deleted. Perhaps you could re-upload them?

It might be best if you upload them to http://www.imageshack.us, that way they won't get deleted.

They were deleted a long time ago, prior to the switchover.
If people want I'll start a new thread and try to recreate it a little at a time.
It'll be too laborious going back trying to figure out which pix belong to which
post. If anyone is interested just throw a reply in here. If enough people are
bothered I'll try to recreate it.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2007, 09:58:26 am »

If it is too much trouble don't worry about it.  I just thought it was a very interesting topic when I went back to the old posts.  Unfortunately being new here you miss alot of the good old stuff.  Being born in Toronto and knowing the outlying areas it was interesting to see how things changed and what was and is.
Thanks

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Redriver
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2007, 10:56:17 pm »

Just joined this form and reading over the different topics found this.  Your pictures seemed
very interesting.  If you ever had the time I would appreciate them being listed again.

Login with username, password and session length