Author
Topic: What a lovely set.  (Read 8412 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 08:07:59 pm »

BTB2836xxx sequential brick missing note 613 which was replaced by BEY3576116, matching plate numbers, mirror image of the missing notes' serial number is printed on the front of notes 601, 603, 605, 607, 609, & 611 but not on the even numbered notes in-between.

BTB2837xxx sequential brick missing note 613 which was replaced by BEY3577116, matching plate numbers, mirror image of the missing notes' serial number is printed on the front of notes 601, 603, 605, 607, 609, & 611 but not on the even numbered notes in-between.

So Sudzee: your telling us there's "2 lovely sets" with the same repetitous eror?

I can now visualize copperpete's theory combined with JWS information.  The rolling pad must be thick, a surface which holds the ink well (doesn't absorb it) and then transfers the excess inked numberes on subsequent sheets>  later the notes are cut into blocks.  The evidence supports that the notes are numbered from high to low numbers.  

OOps don't know where I picked up that misinformation about different plate numbers! :o I guees I was mixing up the info on different serial numbered printers....but there must be multiple SN printers which print 5 notes at the same (as the 8 X 5 sheet is fed through that stage of printing).  BOC bank note sheets (1/4 sheets, 2 notes and other combinations) confirm that the SN's are added last minute to the whole sheet so they must be applied simultaneously accross all notes.

I forgot that the cutting  would have happend at the latest step of printing.  Its interesting how a note error can reveal so much about the printing process. Thanks to all for their patient explanations.

It is possible and likely that a counter or computer spotted the missing 613 for an insert later down the road (on bundling the notes).

Thanks guys!

Now if anyone finds the BTB 613 is it worth more than a regular BTB? ;D

sudzee
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 11:05:42 pm »

Yes there are 2 sets of these notes. I will be bringing my set to Torex this weekend. You can all have a look at them.

Gary

Login with username, password and session length