Author
Topic: Canadian $20 error note  (Read 8871 times)
sheppa1
« on: August 05, 2006, 02:28:59 am »

I know nothing about collecting paper money but we have a $20 bill that is serial number EYR8646965.  On one side of the bill there is only a quarter of it printed on and the rest is blank, although you can see the watermark on the white part of the bill, and on the backside of the bill three quarters of it looks like a normal $20 bill and a quarter of it is another $20 going sideways.  Very hard to explain, obviously an error in printing and my husband works for a bank and when he was counting his till it was in some of the new money so he purchased it.  My question is...is it worth anything?  It happenned quite recently, should we hold onto it?  Any info. you can give us regarding this would be greatly appreciated.
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 03:16:10 am »

Very Interesting!  :)

Can you post front & back pictures?

Yes it is worth money but how much I can not say without seeing the pictures.  ::)

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 09:14:02 am »

Sounds to me that it is a fold over type error, where the paper was folded over before being printed and then unfolded afterwards to show the blank white sheet underneath and could be worth hundreds of dollars.

Is there a fold in the paper? A scan or picture would really help. Condition is important as well so be careful when handling it.

Gary_T
sheppa1
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 09:35:16 am »

Yes there is a fold in the paper, I will take a picture later today.  It is in perfect condition because as I said my husband works at a bank and it came in with the new money.  Thanks for everything.
JB-2007
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 07:28:04 pm »

without seeing a picture i believe it to be worth around $550
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 07:28:21 pm by JB105 »
sheppa1
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 12:14:18 am »

There is a pic. posted of it in the Error notes section.

Login with username, password and session length