Author
Topic: Re: HPA  (Read 4100 times)
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« on: August 08, 2006, 06:26:33 pm »

WOW!!!  :o

I Guess HOZ is not the last....

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 06:27:14 pm by X-Savior »

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
JB-2007
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 10:26:16 pm »

Nope, i think i predicted as the finally HPC but i think we may even go to HPE or HPF before we see the 2006 series $5 get released.
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 10:35:59 pm »

i think i predicted as the finally HPC but i think we may even go to HPE or HPF before we see the 2006 series $5 get released.

I agree. Now... What about the possibility of a Lost Prefixes situation with the HP* prefixes????  :-?

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 02:15:08 am »

I think its safe to say that the history of original $10 Journey will prove to be much different than the current fives.  Recall that we were continually getting 2002 FEL/FEK and such CBN printed notes into late 2004, and were wondering what happened to the 2003 notes which were released (printed by BABN) in 2005.   Theories for this odd release were bantied around on this forum, including the likelihood of the 03 notes being stockpiled, and put at the back of the vaults where they were stored.  The BOC seemed to have been in a hurry to phase them out due to the rampant counterfeiting.  All these factors seemed ripe for "mix up" and the subsequent lost prefixes discovered.

The fives have been released in a far more consistent manner, and there is little likelihood that a second printer is involved in their production.   There has been less bad press about their lack of security (counterfeiting) and so I'm sure every step will be more methodical. Although it would be nice to see some "lost prefixes" I'm sure a short prefix is more probable since the BOC will not want to repeat the mistakes made with the $10's withdrawal.

X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 02:22:39 am »

there is little likelihood that a second printer is involved in their production

I am not to sure about that. They will have a HUGE number of $5's to recall. I don't think 1 printer could produce enough notes fast enough to start a massive recall of $5 notes.  :-/

It is possible but unlikely. I am willing to bet the first new notes are BABN notes as they would have begun while CBN was still cranking out old $5 notes to keep up with demand until they were ready for the Nov 15th release.   :-/ (Just my thoughts.... that could be wrong).

Login with username, password and session length