Author
Topic: *FP vs *LO  (Read 3272 times)
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« on: August 29, 2006, 04:05:49 pm »

here is a question for you forum members

We know they make lots of centennial $1 bills during 1967 and there are some replacement notes  that were made

Why does the *FP with a printing of 64000 have an unc price of $80 more then the *LO which supposedly has a printing of only 40000.  Am I missing something here.

I have note seen many *1967 out there. Has anyone else seen them

Cheeers

Polarbear
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 04:06:56 pm by polarbear »
Bob
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 08:00:07 pm »

Looking at numbers printed and excluding all other factors can sometimes lead to incorrect conclusions.
1.  Not all notes that were printed were necessarily issued for circulation, and that is particularly true of replacement notes.  If they were not needed while still current, they were destroyed.  [Some EXTREMELY important information on this topic will be published shortly.]
2.  It is also important to consider the number of notes that were saved for the hobby.  Sometimes notes with a very large printing were not saved in proportion, and can be quite scarce.  Conversely, some notes with small printings were extensively saved, and turn out to be more plentiful than one might suppose.  Think 1948 silver dollars or 1991 caribou 25ยข!

It should not be difficult to find other replacement notes whose values seem out of line with the numbers printed, and the reasons are the same as above.

Collecting Canadian since 1955
eyevet
  • Wiki Contributor
  • CPMS Life Member #101
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 09:19:31 pm »

[Some EXTREMELY important information on this topic will be published shortly.]

I don't know if I can hold my breath that long!!!!!  :-?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 09:19:51 pm by eyevet »

Login with username, password and session length