Author
Topic: What do you call this  (Read 10756 times)
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 04:00:21 am »

Believe me, I have my fair share of weird sets. Currently trying to get a note that resembles the numeric pattern of the Royal Sampler. (But would have to do this on US currency) 
Q: What cards does Homer have when he's told he has the Royal Sampler?
A: When Homer and the Stonecutters are playing poker in Homer The Great, Homer's "Royal Sampler" consists of a three, six, ten, jack, and king.
http://www.lardlad.com/expert.shtml
I think that that would be a (from left to right):
3 6 10 11 13
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 04:07:08 am by hudsonab »

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
jasper
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 09:54:56 am »

With enough interest being shown in these special numbers, maybe the Charlton catalog will eventually have a premium for just the general category of a special number , eg Pi 3141592 or e 2718281 (truncated decimal places of course).  As a collector, I would pay a premium for notes such as these. However, I may be one of a few as they may only appeal to the mathematically inclined although I would think they have a greater appeal than birthyear notes which have their own designation in Charlton's.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 04:26:00 pm »

My greatest fear is that people who attend Star Trek conventions will start collecting paper money  

...first "Trekkies" and then "DaVinci Code" addicts to follow.  That would encourage all those who collect low grade sticky notes to market them as "Klingon" notes.  I'd hate to hear that the queen is really Leonardo Da Vinci in drag!

But seriously folks:  not all radars have the same appeal.  Isn't it common for us to see 3 digit radars such as 0028200 go for a bit of a premium over say 2028202?  (I know I'd take the first # over the second#)

And what about simple two digit notes?  I sold a D/E 0011011 devils face for about $20 over book to a dealer.  I know I love two digit notes and will pay premium for them (though there's no mention of this in Charlton).  Though in all fairness to Charlton-- it really has improved drastically with the addition of change-overs and other errors.  It truly is catching up.

venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2006, 04:34:03 pm »

I always believed in KISS (keep it short/simple)

That's why I'd like to bid $1 billion dollars 8-)on this:

semi-prime descending-ascending two-step escalator radar note with quasi-fibonacci sequences :o

I could show it off at next year's CNS (charge five bucks per view) and regenerate a few circulated radars with the proceeds.
As the author of the post referenced in the link below, I think I can say with some authority that walktothewater was mildly to moderately under the influence of ____ (??) when he wrote his post above.  ;D :D ;D

http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1119843858/22#22

walktothewater, I'll have to show you my hyper-planchetted note some time...

YuMan
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2006, 05:57:31 am »

Not talking for fabonacci number or other.
I have one US note (per scan image).  Is that call a even number ladder ascending / descending notes?
Thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yuman

Login with username, password and session length