Author
Topic: UNC$50 mismatch serial 9 bill series +PHOTOS  (Read 17014 times)
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 07:30:19 pm »

Good luck with the 'bay.  As far as braggin rights:
Check out my website--- at the very bottom I have a couple of nice things like yours (AZN)...  but not as nice as yours... but still nice in their own respect. :)  I finally have the scans up.

(You can get it from my profile)

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
Archey80
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 07:41:10 pm »

Got to love that Radar Hudson

Arthur

CPMS Member 1564
seank
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 09:28:20 pm »

WOW those are pretty sweet looking $100's - interesting that they're like mine, but different enough that they seem even "rarer"!

I think the auction that those bills are being sold in is the event next weekend that I heard about in Oakville.  See http://www.cpnum.qc.ca/ for more details.  I doubt that's the place to go shopping around new bills, but maybe it is?   I imagine that it's quite impolite to bring your own merchandise to someone else's auction, but maybe the C&P folks would appraise them for me if i brought them along?  

Where could I get something like these appraised, and while I'm asking questions - how would you folks go about selling a collection like this?  Would you go to a third party auctioneer like this event in Oakville or.. I can't think of anything else.

I checked the ebay fee structure and yup, it's going to be somewhat expensive (around $500) to sell these there - especially if they get a price like the $100's above!   I can hardly imagine that a set like this is worth so much, but if 2 bills are worth $5K then what about 9 bills???   $20K?  Can't be.  (can it?)

Thanks folks

sean

Archey80
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 09:35:54 pm »

No I would not think that they would sell for that, that is there auction estimate I dont see them getting that much. I dont think your set is worth over $4000 but that just me anyone want to contribute there thoughts??

CPMS Member 1564
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 10:27:50 pm »

I would hate to see that set being broken up.  But maybe if you sold them in pairs, then collectors can obtain them for a reasonable price vs. selling the entire set together.  Not every collector has thousands of dollars to hold in a complete set of errors.   I also don't believe that your notes will go for over $5000 in one shot for the complete set.  You may get $5,000 by breaking them up.   Just my opinion...

Smile from your heart.  ;D
seank
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 10:36:51 pm »

That seems to be the thought of the day, and we kind of figured that was what we'd have to do.  But you're right it would really be a shame to break these up.  

I'll take some time to ask around for any interest but yeah, not many folks want to sink that kind of money into a collection - at least not all in one shot!  Pairs is a great idea too, thanks.

I appreciate all the help I found here - glad to see there are some nice forums left.   I only have one last question - what's the standard way to describe bills like these to a collector?

Regards,
sean

coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 10:54:17 pm »

"Mismatched Serial Number Set - $50 Journey Series"

Archey80
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 10:56:04 pm »

Mismatched serial numbers

I agree with selling them in pairs I would be down for a set.

Arthur

CPMS Member 1564
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 11:10:34 pm »

Hi seank.
I'm interested in the whole set.Please email me at  romijo@shaw.ca.
Thank you.

Btw,I sold a set of 3,  2 digit error 1988 $100's  Unc several months ago on ebay.Tried to post but they wouldnt :-[
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 11:12:26 pm by twoinvallarta »

twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 11:17:59 pm »

Why does it say Ex Member beside seank's name?

seank
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 11:20:57 pm »

that's an excellent question. I've been wondering that myself!
only4teeth
  • Forum Moderators
  • CPMS Member 1489
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 11:24:38 pm »

I've noticed it on new members. Give it a day or two:)
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 11:24:51 pm »

Hi seank
Thought perhaps you had cancelled after you had questions answered.
I'm serious about buying the whole set from you.

coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 12:01:52 am »

I was just wondering - these notes are printed on a sheet of 40.  Wouldn't that mean that there are other similar notes possibly circulating?  ie. 9 x 40 sheets? = minimum 360 notes floating around somewhere?

seank
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 12:06:19 am »

and I'm wondering how I could have possibly "lost" a bill in the series?  how would that happen?  I did get other $50's during the two consecutive withdrawals and they were completely different than these.  

What happened to the lost bill?

an excellent point on the full sheet being mismatched - I can only guess that if they "caught" some of the bills, it stands to reason that they would have caught them all.   SO, they're all out there somewhere!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 12:07:47 am by seank »

Login with username, password and session length