Author
Topic: HPB  (Read 10073 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 01:45:28 pm »

Re: release of the new $5.00 (with security features)

I believe that the release of the new $5.00 will be much like the release of the $20.00 (tantalizingly slow) so that we might even have a few e-Bayers selling them just for the "impatient" in the collector's market (and for foriegn sales).  Then, in a year or so, so many prefixes will be dumped we'll have a hard time tracking them.  So the cycle could be: trickle, slow release, dump.

everyone is looking forward to the changeover but it sure seems strange that we STILL have not seen any 2006 notes

--well look at the modified $10 in the BT_ series: all still 2005 with no 2006 yet (still in the slow stage).  Now its hard to keep track of the $20 with so many new prefixes flying around but that will slow down again.

It really does seem like the cycle of: trickle out, slowly release, then the "dump" catches a lot of us snoozing!  I'd almost bet that the 2006 notes are the modified ones starting with AOG.

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 03:47:24 pm »

What do you think for Distribution? Will notes be ARRIVING at branches on the 15th or will they start filling orders with the new notes (Shipping from the Warehouse) on the 15th? Just a thought....  ;)
When I ordered my second last batch of $10s before the changeover, I came to pick them up two days later when they were in.  The day they were in and when I picked them up, it was the official release date uof the upgraded $10s- and sure enough, the bank gave me upgraded tens.  That means, order went in before release date, but they shipped new ones before the release date in order for the bank to have them BY the release date.

I imagine the $5s would be the same thing.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.

Login with username, password and session length