Author
Topic: Reverse Order Bundles???  (Read 4797 times)
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« on: September 22, 2006, 03:27:12 am »

Has anyone gotten any Reverse order bundles before? I recently got some bundles and all the notes were in the OPPOSITE order.    :o

The Notes increased from the bottom up instead of decreasing....  :-?

Also, I noted a MUCH wider variation in jumps between serial numbers. In this example in a single brick of the bundles I saw fluxuations from 7.90 to 8.21

This is much more then just "Cousin" Notes. Also, more just random jumps in the bundles....Sometime 5 different jumps in serials.

Any Ideas? I am thinking it might be a part of the "Reclaimation"  of extras notes sitting around from error bundles and stuff like that as they are trying to be as cost efficient as possible...  :-/
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 10:02:54 am by Tom »

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 04:26:40 pm »

Back when I bought the occassional brick of $2 before I ran out of money seven years ago I knew someone had already gone through the brick. The radar was purposly removed before I got it from the BoC and not from the Chartered banks :(. I would venture it have been gone through someones examination, a spot check of sorts by the BoC for Quality control statistics reasons.

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 08:23:22 pm »

I bet the radar went into waiting hands.  
But hey, I think I am jealous that is all.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 11:23:22 pm »

It wasn't my hands that's for sure. Looking it up in my list here....the missing note would habe been EGR7298927 Bonin/Thiessen BC55c $2 so I only got it's little repeater cousin EGR7298729 and a few Ink smears for my troubles. That's what probibly the second reason that got me off brick searches. I can't remember if the bill numbers were reversed or not, but somebody got it, maybe I was too disappointed to notice.  :-? That's life.

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 09:31:01 pm »

I have just gone through two new bricks of twenties and along with having notes not in increasing but decreasing order the number sequence in the bundles is in anywhere from 2 to 5 groups of consecutive serial numbers. The funny thing ( and I'm really laughing) is that not 1 single radar out of 2 sealed. banded and wrapped bricks direct from the bank of Canada. WHO HAS MY RADARS!!!!!
FRIESQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 10:23:15 pm »

This is normal.

In fact I did the research into the 2 bricks I had that went in reverse and it is thought that they were package by BABN not CBN.

There have been times when one printer are too busy to package all the notes so the other printer gets a contract to help package.

This has gone both ways with both printers in the past.

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!

Login with username, password and session length