Author
Topic: HPB Prefix Non-existant (?)  (Read 3379 times)
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
  • CNA Member 21689 and CPMS Life Member 100
« on: November 16, 2006, 01:32:29 pm »

I just received a letter from Gilles Pomerleau regarding the rumoured $5 Journey HPB prefix.

Just before Gilles issued his November list of confirmed inserts and known prefixes he received a phone call
from a collector telling him that an HPB prefix had been found in circulation.  Gilles requested a scan or image
of the note for verification.  In the past this collector had provided reliable information so Gilles included this
information in his November list before receiving visual proof.

The image of the note has yet to appear so Gilles has concluded that the information is not credible and has
issued the following statement:

"...until we have 100% proof please consider the HPB $5 note as non-existant."

...Arthur

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
JB-2007
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 08:12:27 pm »

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if some HPB notes existed, at this point if they do they are probably extremely scarce.
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 11:18:58 pm »

It just makes me wonder, if this prefix has been released, what would the BOC's reason for doing so? It just doesn't make sense to me. Has anyone seen HPA's over 7.6 yet? For now I think I'll go visit my bank.

PD

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon

Login with username, password and session length