Author
Topic: Unc. grading methods and terms  (Read 5381 times)
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« on: November 17, 2006, 10:16:34 pm »

This is not a petition. Unc. grading in banknotes using numbers or other terms it not yet universal. It is coming, a petition to Charlton Press will do nothing if he had intentions of using such a system. Until such a system is devised and accepted, it won't be published anyway.

I would be up to the CPMS to publish an accepted description. Charlton books merely pubishes the accepted standard.

Rick
glassmancanada
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 03:37:55 pm »

That's why the petition is going to the CPMS too. From what I was told this system is scheduled for the next catalogue and here's the kicker, there is no solid definitions yet for UNC 60, UNC 63 and UNC 67 but it's going ahead anyway.
Yes Charlton publishes the standard but it's important to remind them who they work for, COLLECTORS, without us there is no catalogue.

It may not make a difference with a pricing panel full of dealers but we'll see. That's all I have to say, we'll let the petition speak for itself.
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 12:32:26 am »

It is primarily dealers who price catalogues. There is nothing wrong with that as these people are the ones that sell the stuff.

I dropped choice Unc. from trends on notes a couple of years ago. I could not find an acceptable definition of that term. Until I am sure what the terms means, I will not trend notes better than Unc.

Rick

Login with username, password and session length