Author
Topic: E-Bay feedback  (Read 8416 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 10:59:08 pm »

I don't leave feedback for a buyer who pays with PayPal and who has an unconfirmed address.

I NEVER BUY from a seller who has a unconfirmed address (this happened once) and resist selling to buyers who have an unconfirmed address.  I pester and pester and usually get the address confirmed, though will occassionally relent and just send it to the address provided (I hate doing this).  You're right in that there are a lot of buyers who's attention spans are somewhat limited!  Its exasperating when the communication is just one way (us making all the efforts and the seller not responding).

X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 04:12:19 pm »

Just an Update for everyone.

Feedback 2.0 is on Trail now in many Countries.  :o  :)

Here is the Press Release about it:

Hi... I'm Brian Burke, Director for Global Feedback Policy. As eBay continues to grow, it is important that we continue to evolve the Feedback system to ensure it remains a credible measure of trust. For almost two years, eBay has been working on a new project to enhance our current reputation system. Feedback 2.0, which Bill Cobb announced at the eCommerce forum last January, adds a new dimension to eBay's premier online reputation system, allowing buyers to better rate and evaluate sellers on important aspects of a transaction.

In the next few days, buyers in Australia, Belgium, France, India, Ireland, Italy, Poland and the United Kingdom will be able to rate sellers on the four Detailed Seller Ratings we announced as part of Feedback 2.0.

Feedback 2.0 adds these new features:

Detailed Seller Ratings – In addition to the current positive, negative or neutral comment, buyers rate their sellers on specific transaction aspects -- Item Description, Communication, Shipping time and Shipping & Handling Charges. Scores are based on a conventional 1 to 5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 the being the highest rating. The average score for each rating is displayed on the seller's Feedback Profile page.

Item Title and Price – To give buyers more information while they are evaluating the reputation of a seller, the transaction's item title and selling price will display beneath each Feedback comment on the Feedback Profile page for 90 days.

Detailed Seller Ratings and the other changes included in Feedback 2.0 do not replace the current Feedback system, rather they augment it. This additional information will enable our best sellers to differentiate themselves from other sellers and enable buyers to make more informed decisions prior to purchasing.

US Launch Plans
Currently, the US is expecting to launch Feedback 2.0 sometime in late spring. I'll provide more updates as we get closer to launch. Also, I recently did an interview with eBay's Chatter Blog team about Feedback 2.0, which I hope you'll check out for even more information about this project.

Sincerely,
Brian Burke
Director, Global Feedback Policy

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
hanmer
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 10:44:59 am »

As far as addresses go, I DO NOT use my E BAY confirmed address for notes. I also rarely use Pay Pal either. So far I've not had an issue with communicating my wishes to any seller, sending a money order and having it shipped to work. I will not let notes sit in an unsecure mailbox at my house. This would be a deal breaker for me, and I would cancel any bid if this was not possible, regardless of the feedback I might get in the end. On a more positive note, note sellers are (so far) really great to deal with and totally understand.

:)
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 04:27:01 pm »

Good point hanmer...  what you could do is change your shipping address on ebay.  It doesn'tchange your personal information, just the address that the seller sees he should ship to.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
hanmer
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 12:55:34 am »

Thought of that, but my wife uses it too. The folks in the shipping receiving department at the University have no issue with non descript envelopes showing up. With some of the stuff she buys, I wouldn't want to abuse it.

[smiley=beer.gif]

:)
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 09:15:38 pm »

Feedback is useful only if it gets posted.  

I totaly aggree with you Rachelsprivates. What burns me is that some sellers will use feedback as black mail. As you leave me bad feeback and I will leave you some right back. Once the item is paid for the seller should be obligated to leave the feedback so that the buyer can be honest about his purchase.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 09:18:57 pm by kid_kc79 »

KC's Canadian Currency
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 02:20:26 pm »

http://www.toolhaus.org/

This gets all the negative feedbacks anyone wants, plus neutrals and the other little deals used on ebay.
Try it, it works OK.

Rick

Login with username, password and session length